Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any idea what these flowers are made from?

Posted by concretenprimroses 4B NH (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 24, 11 at 19:54

I was looking at craft fair displays on Flickr and saw this cool jewelry booth set up. Any idea what the larger flowers on the trunk are and what they are made out of? I like them a lot. I guess its unlikely they are garden safe. Probably brooches.
Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Craft fair flowers

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any idea what these flowers are made from?

Hard to say from the pic. Some look pretty large but sometimes it's just camera angle. Very pretty, metal that is enameled on would be my guess & that is what some jewelry is made of, so think that is right. Jan

o

Some pieces look like spoons (maybe plastic??)-either the bowl portion, or the handle portion. Otherwise, I can't quite tell. Very pretty, though!

o
centers...

And the centers look like buttons, which give you an idea of the scale of them.

o

I'm guessing it's spray-painted aluminum. I'm still busy making aluminum flowers, but haven't spray painted any, so this is JUST a guess.

o

In the roofing section, they have rolls of metal.
usually it comes in copper, 'silver', and a brown.
I think the brown would hold the spray paint best.
If you wanted to cut metal, I think that would be
the way to go.
Some of those look like metal to me.

o

I wrote a message to the person whose booth it is. And she said they are enameled metal brooches. I love the idea of using roofing metal to make flowers. I am just totally flower oriented lately. I noticed that HD has round metal switchplates. They might be good centers for metal flowers.

Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here