Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dcarch7

When You Come To A Fork ----------

For you guys who are into making plate flowers.

Fork bends easy if your heat it up to red hot.

dcarch

{{gwi:196040}}

{{gwi:196042}}

Comments (18)

• garden2garden
    14 years ago

Really nice! Heating it sure lets you make a nice curl. That would be good when making the windchimes that hang from a fork too. Much prettier than that jagged curve I get. Thanks for sharing. Do you use a torch?

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

What do you use to heat it up with? And does it compromise the strength of the tines? Looks great and provides a number of possibilities!

• luckygal
    14 years ago

Oooh, I like!!! Very pretty fork. Don't know about Yogi, but I'd take that fork for sure! LOL Might have to try that, I think I have some old SS forks. If not they are in every YS.

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

That's really pretty. What glue do you use to attach the fork to the plate?

Donna in Florida

• katishooked
    14 years ago

D, what a clever idea. Always it seems a member comes up with something new that we can use in making our art. Thanks D for sharing.

Kat

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Ok...we need details! What did you use to heat the fork? And what would you recommend to glue the fork to the plate? I really, really like the look! Thanks for a great idea!

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Very elegant. I too would like details.
    kathy

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

OK, so HOW in the world did you do that? I do not have a welder or flame thrower....would heating it up on the stove (over gas) work? And what kind of tool did you use to bend them. Also, did you use something like a dremel or sanding brush on a spinner to smooth it all out afterwards? Tell tell!!!!!
    Love, Jules

• giggles1
    14 years ago

GORGEOUS!
    Yes, please give details!

I've been trying to make a lot of ALL green pieces. Btwn this [FORK] and the cut spoon [tbl spoon] (like flower) one, the large flowers using the cake servers and tsp's... it's worth buying a whole set at a GS... now, what do we do w/ the leftover knives???

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Giggles, the knives are for plant markers, lol.
    kathy

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Beautiful backing for a plate flower! Looks like a 2-person job...one to hold the torch & one the fork. How do you do it, darch?

Yup, giggles, crete is right...knives make really nice plant markers...used these this summer in my herbs outside.
    Kudzukwueen also makes wonderful things with silverware!
    Jeanne S.

{{gwi:196044}}

• garden2garden
    14 years ago

Jeanne, those are adorable. Those dangly things would keep the cats amused for hours!

• giggles1
    14 years ago

THANKS gals!
    Very pretty!
    Jeanne, what did you use to etch the names?

I'd seen a post using the flaps from a metal veggie steamer to make a butterfly, this used something else for the body, but I'd thought, now there's another use for silverware. I have 2 steamers I got to make the giant sunflowers, one is broke, rather than trying to fix it, this was ideal for me. I'll just use a spoon for the body.

Any other siverware uses?
    How are knives in a mobile? If you have a center piece they hit, do they sound nice?

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    Original Author
    14 years ago

So you all want me to fork over the details?

Not so easy. You all will just have to be patient. More to come.

LOL!

dcarch

• shrillmtb
    14 years ago

Can't...stand...the...suspense! Looking forward to the details, that is one seriously good looking fork!

Jeannespines - love how you dressed up those knives, too!

Sheryll

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Aw c'mon, don't make us wait. Our curiousity will get the better of us all. I'm already feelin stressed. LOL

Donna in Florida

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

We're still waiting for the details. Is this a secret or something???