Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garden2garden

home made solar gazing ball

garden2garden
14 years ago

I saw a picture of a green lighted solar gazing ball a couple years ago, and have been coveting one ever since. I have had the concrete stand for a few years, got it on sale at the concrete yard ornament place. Just a note- always ask if they have a section where they keep their broken pcs. It only has a chip off the lip and was marked down to 10$. I've been keeping a little bit bigger ball (yard sale lamp globes) on it but it broke, so I dug this one out I got for 10 cents years ago. {{gwi:196091}}Walmart had those little solar lights we've been talking about on sale last month. I got one to try it out and one thing led to anotherI cut the bottom off a plastic soda bottle and taped it, to keep the light in place, At first I had used a plain clear one and then got the brilliant idea to use a green one for my green light!.{{gwi:196092}} It was hard to get a picture of it that was true to what it looked like {{gwi:196094}}It didn't look near this good in person, but the pictures turned out good, lol.{{gwi:196095}}It was very hot that week, the mosquitoes were bad that time of the evening, so there were lots of pics where I was slapping skeeters. This one turned out pretty cool.{{gwi:196096}}

Comments (16)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH