Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scooter

Posted by laurastheme (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 8, 09 at 22:03

This is my hand made wooden scooter that I had when I was a little kid. When my parents sold their farm in 1978 my brother found this in their barn. He took it and kept it in his basement until about 10 years ago. I didn't even know he had it until he gave it to me on one of my visits. He took it apart and we put it into a big box so I could take it home on the plane. It was really dirty. Even though some people told me I should paint it because of decreasing the value I really wanted to spruce it up a little so I paint washed it with red. It has a new home on our front porch.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scooter

Whoops! What happened to the photo. I'll try again.

Photobucket

o

It looks like even the wheels are wood ! Nice porch addition!! Jan

o

How sweet! How special that someone made that for you! looks great on the deck!

I looked at all your other pictures too! Good work!

o

That hand made wooden scooter is a treasure! I've never seen one like it, and I imagine it's one of a kind. I think the red paint becomes it.

o

That's awesome that you still have that..I love all your latest projects..You've been busy girl!!
Tiffani :)

o

Double precious! One, that it's so darn cute; and two, that every time you look at it, it will bring back good memories! Great save! I love the washed red paint ... and also seeing all the other projects you've been working on! Busy woman! Good for you! And TFS pics! Jeanne S.

o

The red wash was a good idea. It also would look nice hanging on a wall with maybe a small vine on the foot area.

Kat

o

Awesome!!!!

o

Isn't it great to have treasures from your childhood and family? They're the best junk ever. My house and storage is running over and sometimes I still miss things that I've gotten rid of in the past. Good for your brother.
Syble

o

Oh it is lovely.You better chain to your porch post!

o

That was nice of your brother to save it for you and it makes a nice porch deco. I'm sure it brings back some good memories for you.

o

Well, butter my bottom and call me a biscuit, that is just 2 cute!! I think Jeanne said it all for me,(course, I never learned to keep my mouth shut, so I gotta add my 2 cents!)That is such a piece of eye candy for your front porch, are u gonna add some flowers or maybe a pumpkin or two? It is cute all by itself. Great save, Bro! Glad it was still in wonderful condition for you. Bringin' junk home on the plane, girl, you are a real GJ Queen!! Proud of ya!
blessings-sherri

o

Precious Memories turned into Art.

o

What a cute reminder of childhood memories! Love the red color too.

o

Your brother was so wonderful to think to save that for you!
All the memories are right there on your porch now to see daily. I bet that little scooter is STILL taking you on some fun trips! The paint job is perfect for it.

hugs, Karen

o

What a great thing to find from your childhood! It is just the cutest little scooter too!

o

Have to love a brother that would save something so priceless!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here