Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Halloween Critter

Posted by tinfoilhat AZ (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 18, 12 at 22:20

Spiders have been in the shed snorting cleaning supplies again.

Spider, Made with RR spikes, truck ring gear, bowling ball, automatic transmission clutch plate, washers, and metal punch outs.

Spider, Made with RR spikes, truck ring gear, bowling ball, automatic transmission clutch plate, washers, and metal punch outs.

Made with RR spikes, truck ring gear, bowling ball, automatic transmission clutch plate, washers, and metal punch outs.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Halloween Critter

Super cool! Super fun!! Great work!! Thanks for sharing!!

o

Those cleaning supplies will get you every time! I have to say he is one of the happiest looking spiders I've ever seen, so you must have some good "stuff" in your shed. Love the way your newest creation turned out....looks like he's pretty sizable too!

o

I have one just like that in my basement .... eeewwww

But yours is a cutie pie !

o

Marlene is right, I thought he looked really happy too. Good job. Thanks for sharing.

o

Ha! we all thought the same. He's wonderful.
Kathy

o

Love your spider!

o

Love your spider!

o

Love your spider!

o

Love your spider!

o

Love your spider!

o

Please tell me how you made the facial features. Your list of parts was more than I could make out. Would love a similar one - have the spikes, have a bowling ball, have a welder I trade work for brownies or fudge! Also have tons of the Golden Orb spiders in my gardens - feed them crickets and grasshoppers and have to be really careful I don't disturb nests. I'd make my spider to resemble them cuz I like them so much.

Many thanks, Rosie, Sugar Hill, GA

o

Rosie
Wish I lived closer, I work for brownies too.
Here's a run down on spider.
Legs are RR spikes welded to ring gear from car rear end (differential). The bowling ball just sits on ring gear. Bowling balls are 8.5" in diameter so you could use a piece of 6" pipe to sit bowling ball in if you couldn't find ring gear.
Eyes are two 1" washers welded together with a screw welded to back to screw into ball. Inside of eyes are punch outs from a metal working machine. You may be able to find those at a welding shop or just find anything round.
Mouth is a clutch plate from an automatic transmission you can get at any shop that rebuilds transmissions. They just throw away or scrap old ones. Or find a shape that suits you. One of my thoughts was to make a mouth from bent rod. Weld a screw on back of whatever you use and you're done.
Share a picture with us when you're done.

o

This spider isn't half as scary as how green with envy I'm turning!!lol! I could be the Incredible Hulk for Halloween!ha!I LOOOOVE railway spikes! And horseshoe nails...weirdo?!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here