Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurastheme

Items in craft show

laurastheme
13 years ago

Here are some of the items that I had in a craft show last Thurs. - Sun. I sold 16 of them. I was hoping to sell out, but no such luck.

{{gwi:196674}}

{{gwi:196676}}

Comments (17)

• laurastheme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

{{gwi:196678}}
    {{gwi:196680}}

• laurastheme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

{{gwi:196682}}

{{gwi:196684}}

• laurastheme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

{{gwi:196686}}

{{gwi:196687}}

• laurastheme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

{{gwi:196688}}

{{gwi:196689}}

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Sorry you didn't 'sell out'.
    The problem I get is 'Oh, I can make that!'
    But will theirs fall apart because they
    don't know what kind of glue to use.....
    I have not done any with faces yet.
    You do beautiful work!

• mary2010
    13 years ago

Love the faces!!! So cute and whimsical. Sorry you didn't sell more. I had the same problem last week with my first show. Oh well, better luck next time. People think they can do just as good a job as you, but in reality unless they have the time and talent to find the pieces and put them together they're better off buying your adorable creations.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Yay for selling sixteen totems! You have some very unique items there....very creative faces! Love the upside down teapot....looks like an elephant! Sorry you didn't reach the sell out stage, but at least you took home some cash!

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

I'm sooooooooooo happy for you !!! Can I Ask how you wrapped up your totems to be carried home ? Those are too precious just to put in a bag .
    **Us crafters always want to know the technical part of things ! LOL **

• leveta
    13 years ago

I just love the first one in the third set of pic's. With the pink hat on...

• greensuzq
    13 years ago

I love them all, selling 16 is great. The ones with faces I like the best. I had some people saying they could do it themselves and others that said they would not be that creative. So it is in the taste of each person.

It takes time and creativity to make so many nice pieces. Good job!

• laurastheme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, all of you. I'm not doing any more selling. My DH is so tired of the stuff around the house and my workroom is a disaster. I'm even getting tired of all the glassware, dishes, etc. all over the floor (where I can see it, of course. How else would I know which piece goes with each totem when I'm working on several at once). I'll be looking for a craft that doesn't take up so much room. Is there such a thing? I haven't found it yet.
    Only one of the garden people sold. That was a surprise! I have sold some of them out of my house and I had them at a flea market last summer where they did well. The only one that sold this time was the red hat lady with the bird on her hat.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Lots of interesting totems & I like the "ladies" too! May just be wrong time of year as winter is coming & they are wondering where they are going to store them until spring. When it is spring people are eager to pretty up their yards & will worry about storage "later" They may be short on Christmas money or "giving kids a nice check to help out if they are unemployed with families. Most people are thinking about the holidays this time of year! I can understand getting tired of making the same type thing. I go from 1 thing to the next. Only thing I made lots of were bead edged socks when GD was younger, she loved them. Move on to smaller hobby so you keep your hubby happy!! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Your totem people are truly unique! I have always loved the teapot people and wish I could paint such cute eyes. I can see why the red hat lady sold ... she is adorable! I like the white teapot one too with the crazy hair. It sounds like you did pretty good at your sale. Is your DH like mine ... referring to your craft stuff as "crap" stuff? lol

• chevy57red
    13 years ago

Good for you to sell 16!!

I just "fell in love" with the blue cowboy boot!!

Luna, if my DH would say the word crap, I might have to ask him to move!!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I think 16 is great, but I do remember how many you had. I've quit making totems too. I still have a lot of glass stored in my storage building and plan to do one more round in the Spring and then get rid of the rest of it. It's really hard to not buy glass when I'm thrift store shopping.
    Frou

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

laura...glad you sold 16...& that you are gearing up for something new in your future! Jeanne S.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Very nice! Congrats on the 16 sorry they didn't all sell.
    Kathy