Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
From crystal to Christmas red...

Posted by chevy57red 3/4 MN (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 20, 11 at 7:07

I am in charge of Christmas dinner here in the park this year. In decorating the tables, I am transforming plain crystal vases to red vases for the center pieces using mod podge and red food coloring. They will be topped with a single white ornament and set on white tablecoths. I will also be using milk glass vases topped with a red ornament red tablecloths.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: From crystal to Christmas red...

Did you mix the mod podge and food coloring before painting it on? It is a great idea and looks great.

o

It looks fabulous!
Kathy

o

Looks great! My 1st thought was you are spray painting them on the inside! (which works too). These look great 'mod-podged!' Have fun! Jeanne S.

o

nancydale:
Yes. I mix the mod podge and coloring befor painting.
I just use a paper plate and a tooth pick..throw away when done.. easy clean up!!

o

I love it . The color red looks like expensive stained glass ! Great Idea :)

o

So is it just temporary? I've never used mod podge. Would be neat if it washed off as you could use different colors on the vases for different occasions. Show us a pic of 1 when it is finished with the ornament! Jan

o

I'd love to see a completed one. Sounds lovely.

o

What a great idea! LOVE the red! Be sure to post pictures of your finished arrangement...I'd love to see them.

o

Those look great.....sure didn't know you could color modge podge. My wheels are turning!! Thanks for the idea and PLEASE post pics of the finished project....sounds so cool.

o

Who doesn't love red glass? It's so rare and expensive (I guess they use real gold in making it) that this is a wonderful alternative. Never thought to color modge podge. Great idea for those plain clear glass bud vases! I'd love to see your finished centerpieces too.

o

Finished tables...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

I love the silver balls, and then they are sitting of the silver doily.

o

Look very festive! Have fun at your party! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here