Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
too far gone for bed bench? maybe!

Posted by ess1 z3 MN (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 14, 10 at 9:14

thought about tossing this bed out but just couldn't. it's pretty sturdy considering but very shabby. still good for the garden!!!
kim's bench

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: too far gone for bed bench? maybe!

Oh I love it, would definitely use it for the garden, so many possibilities. I think you are lucky to have it to work with. Keep us updated on what you decide.

o

A coat of paint will fix that right up. I made one similar to yours a few years back and it still sits by my pond.

I leave it out in winter too, and I have a mourning dove who likes to sit on it.

nice job!

o

I like the look of your bed bench! I'm thinking I might just put some outdoor finish on it and leave it natural...but whatever you choose, it's a great shape!

o

I love it as is or painted! I really like the design for a bed/bench. Very cool! If you don't want it, I'll come get it. he-he

o

Since the seat is reddish I think I would give a light coat to the back too so they would match up more & then give it some coating so it doesn't weather too badly. If it was mine I would trim the front posts back a little(too tall). I would go above where it is attached to the cross post where the upright post starts getting fat & make that into a round ball shape. I wear long sleeves or wrap a blanket around myself when I want to be out & it is getting colder.I would be "catching my sleeves or blanket on those tall posts in front. But that is just me, getting more careful outside since I took a fall a few years back. Looks like it will be a great addition to your yard! Jan

o

What a great piece!!
I am with Marlene..
Rustic and natural!!

o

Would be a great bench! But, of course, when I see it, I see old wood for birdhouses & the posts split for trim ...like this old pic I've shown before...so, not too far bone for bed bench or whatever! Jeanne S.

AnotherShutterbdhse08

o

I don't think you want that old shabby bench sitting out in your garden, you need to put it to the curb and give me your address and it will be gone and sitting in my garden. I love it ! I would give it a couple exterior coats of paint and enjoy it for ever how long it last. Sandy

o

Maybe insert some outdoor glue in the open spots.
That would help to hold it together longer.
It looks wonderful!

o

I'd love to have it in my garden. Whatever you decide . . . paint or not it will look fantastic. Good thing you couldn't throw it away.

o

I think its beautiful.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here