Call it ART? it is what it is!

Posted by mjowest 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 15, 11 at 9:40

check out this guy's work:

Here is a link that might be useful: Art pieces

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Call it ART? it is what it is!

Those totems are amazing. I especially like the colored ones. I cannot imagine making one 5 or 6 feet high.

Marylee

o

wow -- those are pretty ! I can't imagine how many hours he spent looking for the perfect milk glass pieces. Milk glass is sparse around here. Shipping them must be a nightmare !

o

Very classy looking pieces, but $500 is a bit much !

o

Wowee! They are beautiful, but oh my goodness the prices are incredible! I wouldn't even begin to think about shipping those. Can you imagine? I wonder how he gets them to stand up and be sturdy with such small bottoms? Anyway, amazing! TFS!

o

Amazing! Beautiful! Expensive!!! I see none have sold yet.

o

For real???? $500! ahhh, come on...you totem people out here can do that! LOL! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Well I know what to do with all my white milk glass when I get tired of it.I collect milk glass.

o

I see that you call the totems "art structures" when you charge $500.00. The colored glass "art structures" are $800.00. You have to think "Big." They are beautiful.

Marylee

o

They are gorgeous!
Puts a whole new face on the price arguement tho doesn't it.
TFS
I wonder how he gets them to stay so tall.
He must have not only an artistic eye, but an incredible eye for perfection. Mine are always slightly crooked I think.

Kathy

o

They are very beautiful, but look like a cat could knock them over. I think they are NOT for homes with kids or animals. To my eye, the weight is not distributed well enough-the one to the left and back, with the heavier pieces on the top and the very narrow bottom, is not visually pleasing.

I do wish him well, though, and hope he sells. If so, it makes your totems more accessible to the discerning pocketbooks. :)

o

Wow! Next thing you know there will be totems on the Accoutrements forum! (historical chuckle)
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here