Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The big reveal :)

Posted by rafor (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 27, 11 at 11:45

See the plywood on the back of this truck? It was used to haul my Miata and plants cross-country since R's employer would only pay to ship 1 vehicle. R hooked my Miata on the the back of our pick-up (with a few of my large garden pots/plants in the pick-up bed!) and off he went. I was stuck with the big-ass car (my Mom's) that the company would transport for us.

Photobucket

Guess what I made with that old plywood that has been laying around for almost 2 years now?

In the beginning:

Photobucket

More:

Photobucket

And finally:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It may need more bling, but I'm going to mull over it a little while :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The big reveal :)

WOW!! How many of those decorations are you going to make? LOL It is pretty and eye catching to say the least! Enjoy Jlily

o

That looks just awesome!!! Love it.

Stacie

o

They would look really pretty uplit at night.

o

Wow! You did it.
It looks great, quite striking and a cool shape.

Your house is very charming as well. You have no snow?
Kathy

o

Pretty awesome ornament! Looks great with your front door. Good thing you have a big enough tree to hold it. Was it heavy to put up?

o

Kathy: we got about 3 to 4 inches that last go around, but it's pretty much all melted now. We had 16 inches for the halloween storm. Both times the snow was very wet and heavy. The Halloween storm did quite a job on the lilacs that line the sidewalk.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

o

What a great idea.. I bet there will be many of those ornaments around the country next year!!

o

Wow! That is one big honkin' ornament! Turned out great too!

o

That is just BEYOND COOL .... it's awesome !!
Good old plywood - a crafters dream ! LOL

o

Before my husband and I were married he owned a BRG miata and I bought a 1990 mariner blue miata this year. I LOVE it! Go Miatas!

o

YES beyond cool!!!! Love it!!!

o

Great job!! Your house will be easy to find!! It's a nice looking house too & love the front door! Glad you managed to save some of your plants, bought a little "home" with you! Now you need a large shed to store those in after Christmas-next project?? Jan

o

That is super awesome! I love it :)

o

Good job on the move, and great job on the ornament!

o

Add bling if you want, but I love the simplicity - and love love the ornaments.

o

Absolutely stunning.

How big is it? I'm guessing 4' tall and maybe 2' diameter?

o

Thanks for all the nice compliments!

pixie lou; yes it's about 4 feet tall and about 2 feet wide. It doesn't really fill the space like I had hoped, but I was working with wood scraps. The next one will be between 7 and 8 feet tall. I think that proportion will work better in that space.

o

GREAT!

o

Love It, Wish my husband and I were more creative.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here