Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rafor

The big reveal :)

rafor
12 years ago

See the plywood on the back of this truck? It was used to haul my Miata and plants cross-country since R's employer would only pay to ship 1 vehicle. R hooked my Miata on the the back of our pick-up (with a few of my large garden pots/plants in the pick-up bed!) and off he went. I was stuck with the big-ass car (my Mom's) that the company would transport for us.

{{gwi:197465}}

Guess what I made with that old plywood that has been laying around for almost 2 years now?

In the beginning:

{{gwi:197466}}

More:

{{gwi:197467}}

And finally:

{{gwi:197468}}

{{gwi:197469}}

{{gwi:197470}}

It may need more bling, but I'm going to mull over it a little while :)

Comments (19)

• jlily
    12 years ago

WOW!! How many of those decorations are you going to make? LOL It is pretty and eye catching to say the least! Enjoy Jlily

• dirtundermyfingers
    12 years ago

That looks just awesome!!! Love it.

Stacie

• anrol
    12 years ago

They would look really pretty uplit at night.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Wow! You did it.
    It looks great, quite striking and a cool shape.

Your house is very charming as well. You have no snow?
    Kathy

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Pretty awesome ornament! Looks great with your front door. Good thing you have a big enough tree to hold it. Was it heavy to put up?

• rafor
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kathy: we got about 3 to 4 inches that last go around, but it's pretty much all melted now. We had 16 inches for the halloween storm. Both times the snow was very wet and heavy. The Halloween storm did quite a job on the lilacs that line the sidewalk.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

• chevy57red
    12 years ago

What a great idea.. I bet there will be many of those ornaments around the country next year!!

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Wow! That is one big honkin' ornament! Turned out great too!

• toomuchglass
    12 years ago

That is just BEYOND COOL .... it's awesome !!
    Good old plywood - a crafters dream ! LOL

• bookjunky4life
    12 years ago

Before my husband and I were married he owned a BRG miata and I bought a 1990 mariner blue miata this year. I LOVE it! Go Miatas!

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

YES beyond cool!!!! Love it!!!

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Great job!! Your house will be easy to find!! It's a nice looking house too & love the front door! Glad you managed to save some of your plants, bought a little "home" with you! Now you need a large shed to store those in after Christmas-next project?? Jan

• quilt_mommy
    12 years ago

That is super awesome! I love it :)

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Good job on the move, and great job on the ornament!

• rosiew
    12 years ago

Add bling if you want, but I love the simplicity - and love love the ornaments.

• pixie_lou
    12 years ago

Absolutely stunning.

How big is it? I'm guessing 4' tall and maybe 2' diameter?

• rafor
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for all the nice compliments!

pixie lou; yes it's about 4 feet tall and about 2 feet wide. It doesn't really fill the space like I had hoped, but I was working with wood scraps. The next one will be between 7 and 8 feet tall. I think that proportion will work better in that space.

• kacram
    12 years ago

GREAT!

• pattytricia
    11 years ago

Love It, Wish my husband and I were more creative.