Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldcrafty

Dupster Find...Poor guy was on his way out!!

oldcrafty
12 years ago

I found this dandy man standing by the trash dumpster. I felt compelled to save him. I used him for a door greeter on Halloween, as I found him the day before Halloween. Now what do I do with him? Can't imagine why anyone would want a 5 foot tall Knight in Shining Armour! And now I do and don't know what to do with him. I figured you'll would give me some good inspiration! He is made of light weight tin and has some exceptional detail work. Can't imagine how much he must have cost and he is in A+ condition. No rust or dents. All suggetions would be appreciated!

{{gwi:197556}}

Sorry......I rotated him in photobucket but he would not transfer here rotated

Comments (14)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Are you kidding me?? My DD would kill for him! She's into medieval decor and a knight in shining armor is certainly that. Wow...can't believe you found him by a dumpster! Not sure what I would suggest doing with him in the garden other than standing him in a corner....very cool!

• geeme
    12 years ago

OMG my gransons would kill for that too. They would kill me if I put it outside!!! put it on the porch with a sign saying "Guard dog on break"....." dragons beware! " " she does'nt need a vacum!" for Cristmas he could be decorated with lights and a saying hardshell nutcracker... or you could aution him off to all of us!! geeme

• rafor
    12 years ago

Wow and WOW!! My son would love that. Can't believe you got it at the dump. Somebody is crazy (and I know it not all of us!).

• mommyandme2
    12 years ago

Are there Celtic Festivals or Medieval Festivals anywhere near you ? I just went to a Celtic Fair in Austin Tx, but they are held all over the country. There are loads of people at these fairs that would be interested in purchasing this young fellow, He's very handsome !

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Holy crow!! I would love to find something like him. I think he is perfect just the way he is. For each holiday you could have holding something approprate for that holiday.

Great Find!!!!!!!!

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

He's a beauty, but I'm not sure what to do with him either.
    Kathy

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Storage would be an issue, I am sure! And to mail him...well, underless you're an undertaker, that may not be feasible either!

If you don't want to keep him, I would suggest your public library ...he would be great in the children's dept (I may be a bit prejudice on that issue since I retired from a library).

Otherwise, if you really love him, he could be a scarecrow in your garden! LOL! I'm happy you rescued him & yes, I'm sure he was absolutely PERFECT for Halloween! Nice save! Jeanne S.

• mjowest
    12 years ago

sell him to make money to get the things you really want! :)

• nmgirl
    12 years ago

Awesome! A garden guardian!

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Move him from window to window so he shows through curtains, would drive the neighbors crazy!!LOL. He's pretty neat, do you have a protected roofed area of patio? Stick him on that after spraying him with can of clear spray paint to keep him from rusting out so fast! Might stop a burglar or at least scare him off! He can hold a wreath for holidays!! Jan

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

I pop in to this forum from time to time and this time I sure am glad I did! What a find! Being such a theme thinker, the first thing I would do is put that guy on guard duty in a medieval garden. I actually have a Land Called Honalee garden but I wouldn't want him slaying Puff! Sure would add some fair maidens, a dragon (not Puff) and perhaps a castle. Keep adding plants with dragon names or knightly names. He would definately have a place in my garden! Or even inside my front entrance! Lucky, lucky find!!

Ginny

• mssunflower
    12 years ago

I love, love, love the idea of a garden guardian with dragons, fair maidens, etc. Of course I would have to include one of my favorite quotes where I would put the dragons:

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons.....
    For you are crunchy and good with ketchup!"

Ms. Faith

• jlily
    12 years ago

I can't imagine someone throwing a knight away!! I have wasted lots of days, however! LOL He is gorgous as a door greeter at your garden entranceway or porch. ENJOY Jlily

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

He is quite a handsome fellow! I love the idea of having him guard a medieval or fairy garden. I bet he was a hit at Halloween.