Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kelly_oh_gw

unusual chandy

kelly_oh
13 years ago

Ok, first, I know its not the style that's normally seen on here, but its a gift for a friend that I think will love it. And I was asked to post it anyway, so, here's my baby head chandy. I took too long to finish it for halloween, but her birthday is next weekend, so I'm good :)

{{gwi:197632}}"

I've got to shave some of the hair off the blonde one, her boyfriend has a mohawk and I'm trying to get that one to favor him. :)

Comments (15)

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

Yikes ! Doll heads !!! Tazymo made a totem out of doll heads and it creeped me out !! I think I watch too many horror movies. LOL I hope your friend likes it !

TMG is running away & hiding under the covers ....

• sandyl
    13 years ago

hmmm well thats about the strangest thingy I have seen on Garden Web EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR... maybe its a good thing you didn't have it finished at Halloween, I bet there would not have been very many parents bringing their kido's to your house with that hanging out from in your yard or on the front porch. Hey can you loan it to me next Halloween?

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Creeeepy! I think there was a house on one of the garden tours in Austin that had doll heads and stuff too.

So Sandy wants to keep the kids away at Halloween? That would probably work. Well it's either creepy or cool depending on your view.

The Texas Trash store I posted about a while back has some doll head stuff. Here's the link in case you missed it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Texas Trash & Treasures

• tasymo
    13 years ago

Cute! Actually, I didn't make the totems I posted, I just linked to the makers blog. I like seeing what folks do with old doll parts. There are enough of them kicking around! If you are into creepy (and sometimes I am...) they are just the ticket!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

There is something for everyone and I'm sure your friend will like it! Love the orange color, but the baby heads kind of give me the willies! But, I guess that's the whole idea, right? TFS!

• leveta
    13 years ago

I like the orange paint too and the way you drapped the beads...

• tinfoilhat
    13 years ago

"Unusual" wasn't the word my therapist used.
    She says you are welcome to join us at group tomorrow.
    Call 1-IAM-NOT-CRAZY for directions.
    Looking forward to seeing you there.
    I'll be the one wearing the Reynolds wrap head gear sitting next to the microwave.
    There may be more than one tin foil hat there but I am the only one with a flat black stealth tin foil hat.

• TwoMonths
    13 years ago

oh wow, love the baby clock...but Howdy Doody is a bit weird. But not as weird as you see on the net.....there are web sites that do all kinds of weird stuff with doll parts.....even just a display of heads on table. I saw a coat rack made with baby legs or arms....it was cute.

Thanks for the link....anything TX works for me, lol.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Doll heads are just too creepy and morbid for me. Even for Halloween. I think little kids would be freaked too.

Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I think it is an awesome Halloween chandelier especially from the reactions it got here. he-he I have seen some creative things done with doll parts but this is the first one I'd actually use (for Halloween).

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

OMGoodness, I love it. ROTFLOL! I have to have one before next Halloween. It's amazing how many people are creeped out by dolls and clowns too. I may make one with doll heads and paint clown faces on them. Double creepy.
    Frou

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Frou...you nut, LOL. Doll heads with clown faces would have to top the list for Horrid, Creepy, Morbid things!!
    Perhaps if you paint the chandy in your favorite colors
    (like pink) it would help some. LOL.

Meanwhile, lets get back to the pretty white chandys with birdhouses and birds that are so nice hanging in our yards or back porches.

hugs, Karen

• kelly_oh
    Original Author
    13 years ago

that orange spray paint was a huge pain!! It took me almost 2 whole cans, it was crazy, it just didn't want to cover! Well, I may give it to her tonight, so I'll let you know how she likes it.
    I am thinking about a purple one with the mini disco balls where the heads are for myself....... :)

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Creepy AND Cool, I think! Well done, now I want one too.
    Clown faces on the dolls would really increase the creep factor for me too.
    Kathy

• cait1
    13 years ago

I love it TOOOO!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMHEADOFF!!!!!! HA
    It's great!

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz