Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
glass block snowman

Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 20, 10 at 13:04

Anyone make these? I'd love to see some pics. TIA.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: glass block snowman

Are you talking about painting a snowman on a glass block & putting lights inside the block so light shows through like they did last year on the "Crafts & Decorations forum" or are you talking about a snowman made out of a bunch of glass blocks?? Jan

o

AC Moore shows one in their flier today maybe you can figure it out from that, it looks pretty easy. Button eyes and mouth, larger buttons down his stomach, an orange button for his nose, a scarf and ear muffs. It looks like they put either lights inside or spray painted the glass blocks.

o

Since that is an indoor thing (not garden junk)
you might try 'that home site' forum and both the
craft sites there. Also HGTV holiday crafts forum.

o

Drat! Janie just gave away several ice cube snowmen ornaments to the neighbor - honest. She used to hang them on the naked branches in the garden to reflect the winter sun into the kitchen window.

o

By the way -

Here is a link that might be useful: snowmen

o

I used a small block for the head and larger for the body. I made a simple stocking cap and a scarf out of plaid fleece. The eyes, nose, mouth and buttons were all different sized buttons. I stuck them together with Velcro and put white lights with white cords inside after drilling a hole.

Sue

o

Here's a tutorial and it is a snowman one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Glass block snowman

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here