Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Advice and Opinions

Posted by flowers12 10 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 9, 11 at 16:05

I've made these 3 totems and are not sure if they would sell at a craft fair better as they are or if I should make them to be in the garden on a pole. I just don't know and my hubby thinks they should be in the garden on a pole. This is the place to get some experienced opinions. Thanks
Marilyn

Image link: Need Advice and Opinions (56 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Advice and Opinions

Wow...those are gorgeous! I'd say it would depend on a couple of things. First, how tall are they? They look like they might be smaller than some totems, so they may indeed look better on a pole. You'd have to glue another vase to the bottom of the them to make them "sit" on the pole better I think. But, if you're looking for a totem in a smaller garden setting, then these might just fit the bill. I have a couple of small totems that are only about 18-24" tall, but they work well where I have them.

Hope that helps a little...

o

Thanks Marlene. They are only 17" tall. Putting a vase on the bottom was what I was going to do if I wanted them to be on a pole. Decisions, decisions. I think I would like to put them on a pole so they catch the sun.
Marilyn

o

VEry pretty Marilyn!
I have one of mine sitting on an upsidedown plant pot. But if they are not on a pole, the bottom plate should be bigger.
I just looked and I don't have a pic of the totem on the pot, just in the house before I put it out.
Kathy

o

Kathy, you just gave me a great idea for the Craft Fair I'm going to be selling at in a couple of weeks. I was thinking that if I didn't have these set up to go on a pole no one would want them. Now you gave me the solution! I will bring a few plant pots to set them on so people will be able to see how they can display them. Thank you for the great idea. And I will put a larger plate for the base.
Marilyn

o

If they are mounted on "poles" they can be adjusted to suit any background plants.

o

Very pretty. You know they would look great as a topper in a birdbath.

o

Very pretty totems...I like that you used glass birds...sorry no advice for you as I don't make these ...just have one birdbath made & it has lasted 3 yrs outside (except in winter). Jeanne S.

o

wow ! "SERIOUSLY" --- I think you should send them to me
*wink*

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here