Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tasymo

Looky what I found!

tasymo
13 years ago

I'm so excited by this find people! Check it out!

Here is a link that might be useful: Barnwood Bench

Comments (12)

• TwoMonths
    13 years ago

wow...now you must tell us what and where is the 'last find' store. A Thrift or a GW or what.....glad you found something so great to lift your spirits...

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

WOOHOO for you! Can't beat the price for sure! What a great find...bet you went home whistling a happy tune! TFS~

• kirkus
    13 years ago

What a GREAT find! LOVE IT! It reminds me of the bench I bought...the seller bought it from a man in the Smoky Mountains. The top is hammered metal. :o) I love things that tell a story! Thanks for sharing your wonderful find! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Here are the pictures of my bench. One close up...the other at a distance. :o)

{{gwi:197914}}

{{gwi:197915}}

• tasymo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

A "last chance" Goodwill store is where they send all the unsold stuff from the region's regular Goodwills. They slash the prices in hopes of selling stuff rather than send it to the landfills. It's a "low maintainence" place. Clothing is dumped on big tables that you have to paw through, and nothing is organized. That's half the fun of it! If something gets priced too high at a regular store and doesn't sell, it will get sent there, so you can often find really good treasures! Maybe you can ask at your local Goodwill, or google it, to find one near you.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Ahhhh, a girl after my own heart! Nothing beats "barnwood"...here's one my DH made & I used it on the porch for Fall decor (since snow is gonna fly, I didn't want to put it outside yet!) ... Jeanne S.

{{gwi:197916}}

• leveta
    13 years ago

It's wonderfulllll...

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

I love that type of bench & the reddish color is great for all seasons. Looks good right where it is on the porch. The price was terrific! Wow! I think that is what the GW store in Panorama City is but they weren't cheap. Stuff was piled on big table/bins & dishes were piled up, some had prices like $1.99 for a plate, maybe I should have asked about prices, I just figured price was what they expected to get but lot of things weren't marked. So will try again & ask questions. That is place I couldn't resist, hope that is what they are doing with this 1. Kirk & Jeanne, nice benches too! Jan

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

VERY cool!! TFS!! I wish we had one of those kind of stores around here!! I even wish we had a GW near us. All we have a nasty Salvation Army store, but I have a found a few things in there that were cool!

• tasymo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sunnyca, if you go there again, definitely ask about the prices. The one I go to doesn't change the original price sticker, they just have a chart that shows, for instance, if the price WAS $2.99 to 4.99 it is NOW .79. Like I said, it's a low maintainance store!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I've never heard of such a place and what a deal. Bargains like that are far and few between these days.
    Frou

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I wish we had some stores like that around here! We used to have a Salvation Army store that would sell certain color tags for 50 cents on Saturday nights but now they close at 6:00 on Saturdays so they don't have the sale any more. Our Goodwills have 1/2 off of certain color tags during the week. But it is usually the old stuff that is all picked over. A Purple Heart Value Village has 1/2 off of certain items during the week. I'll have to go there this weekend. Household items are 1/2 off on Saturdays. Great find and great bench!

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Its a beauty for sure! Have fun with it.
    Kathy

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus