Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fldirt_gw

plant id tags

fldirt
13 years ago

I had all these broken clay pots & was wondering what to do with them. Saw where someone had made plant id tags so I thought that was something I could do. Made the tag & of course had to paint flowers on them then added the name of the plant. I

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket

Comments (12)

• garden-potter
    13 years ago

Very nice! Great way to use broken pots! I may just have to copy this idea!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Shabby Garden Creations

• PKponder TX Z7B
    13 years ago

I love those, great use of broken pots and so artistic!
    What kind of glue did you use? I have been so disappointed with Gorilla glue for gluing metal stakes to wooden markers...it doesn't hold.

Pam

• fldirt
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I use Silicone GE ll window & doors(clear) on all my crafts. I made a mosaic bowling ball fountain using it & it is fine, even in water!

• tehuti
    13 years ago

Pam, I am having a GREAT deal of success with Liquid Nails Small Projects repair adhesive. I started using Liquid Nails after someone posted it here on Garden Junk and now it is a stable in my workshop.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Great recycling...love the "gardening" look of terracotta...& how you added your own touch to the plant IDs. TFS! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Painting the flowers on them makes them look so much more interesting & like "garden art"! Nice way to use up broken pots! Thanks for idea! Jan

• Crafty Gardener
    13 years ago

I love these garden tags. What a great project for over the winter. There are always a few broken pots in the garage.

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Great tags and I love your stained glass totem!!!
    I also use GE II for windows and doors on everything...

• fldirt
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all the kind words! GEII is the best..wouldn't use anything else.

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

THOSE are cute! What a darling way to use broken pots!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Great repurpose of broken pots! They are just too cute! I might have to steal this idea when I come across some broken terra cotta.

• kelly_oh
    13 years ago

cool idea!!!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?