Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bed frame bench

Posted by purpleinopp 8b AL (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 17:06

Found bed frame at curb. Look what DH did with it! Just needed a piece of plywood for the seat. Two cushions the size of the red one on the chair fit just right. Has anyone else made one? Only problem is, I don't know if I want to sit on it or put plants on it. (Shhhh!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bed frame bench

Turned out beautifully! I wouldn't be able to put plants on it...I would use it as a bench. Love the bed frame itself. Great job! We made one and it sits in our living room. Had a cushion made to coordinate with the LR furniture.

o

Gasp! It's a beauty.
I wouldn't put plants on it....I wouldn't let anyone sit on it either!
Karen

o

There have been several made by folks on this forum,
but Yours is one of the prettiest with the tall posts!
I love it.

o

LOVE it and definitely not for plants. Ya'll did a great job. Curb finds are so much fun and can be soooo rewarding!

o

Thanks for the kind compliments! All of the credit goes to DH though. All I did was provide 'short person' measurements! He said he didn't want to hear any complaining about dangling feet. Not a problem with this seat.

o

That is great. I have thought of doing something like this but haven't found the right cast off yet. Sure don't want to use one of my antique beds!!

o

Looks great! I can see that it is shorter than the chair. I hate it when my legs 'dangle" too! You should get a lot of use out of that!! Thanks for showing! Hubby did a nice job on it too! Jan

o

So beautiful! You have a great eye & your husband looks to have great skill :)

o

TYVM to all!

o

Hey Purple, That bench is the bomb. I saw one in a magazine but it was made from an iron bed frame but the concept is the same. It is a beauty not a plant stand though. James in Florida.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here