Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bottle Tree

Posted by lindasewandsew So Cal 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 22, 12 at 18:12

I found this bottle drying rack in the last hour of an estate sale with a car load of other goodies and spent $20 total. It's a home brewer drying rack. They're not expensive to buy online. This one holds 90 bottles, though it doesn't look like that many. It's gotta be the easiest bottle tree ever. Linda

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bottle Tree

Argggggh!! $20 and that was just one of the goodies. If I wasn't so full of turkey and pie I'd go out back and shoot myself. Yesterday I was a legend in my own mind till I looked at that Jurustic Park link and today I find I'm not even worth a nickel an hour.
The bottle cactus I built holds 47 beer bottles and 1 wine bottle. That's 47 pieces of angle iron cut, 48 pieces of rebar cut, 1 piece of pipe cut and 143 welds. Plus there was cleaning and painting and I don't even want to know how many brain cells I killed emptying all those bottles.
Bottle Cactus, Made with 48 bottles of Rolling Rock Beer, 1 wine bottle, and Dodge Cummins' pressure plate.
AND I LIKE YOURS BETTER!!
I'm done with my rant now and I hear a turkey sandwich calling from kitchen. I'm going to waddle in there a get it.
NICE FIND!!

o
Bottle Tree

HAHAHAHA JACK!!! That tree is wonderful, and it will be around long after mine breaks down. These things are just plastic, and not made for outdoors as far as I know.

Beer is not my drink. One neighbor on my street gives his green bottles to a older retired neighbor. I give the retired neighbor 10 cents a bottle, so he doesn't have to drive them to the recycle place, where they're worth 5 cents a bottle. I take them there and the man trades me straight across for blue ones. He gets a soda for the favor. I figure one guy gets rid of his trash, the other guy gets money for same trash, I get blue bottles, and the recycle guy gets Coke. Looks like several jobs created here, not counting the gas, lol. Thanks for the laugh, Linda

o

Well, I've never seen anything like the drying rack Linda...it looks phenomenal with all of those bottles on it! And Jack....your cactus tree is awesome....I'm so glad you weren't able to go outside and do yourself in. Thank heaven for a full belly! ;-)

o

They are both wonderful. I wonder if home brew have tougher racks. I'll have to check.
I love the bottle cactus.
Kathy

o

Looks like you both 'racked' things up pretty good! Like the blue bottles on the 'red' bkgrd ... but plastic wouldn't hold up here outdoors either..

Also like the cactus bottle tree ... lots of work but sounds like lots of 'play' along the way!

TFS, linda & tinfoil! Jeanne S.

o

LOL

o

Wish I could find one for the price you paid!
I have 83 blue bottles on my 4x4 post with rebar.
I would use one like this for the green bottles
that I have been saving.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here