Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bakers Rack decorated for Thanksgiving/Fall w/Garden Junk

Posted by jeannespines 4 Iowa (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 7, 10 at 18:35

A beautiful day in Iowa (low 60's) after a cold snap for awhile...so I got my baker's rack fixed up for the holidays!

Here's a full view:

Fall Bakers Rack Full View 11.10

The top rack is birdhse made by DH...has a big opening cause it's usually on the porch with small burlap bags of prairie seed...decided to feed the squirrels/mice...the old crock I got at TS someone painted owl...it's starting to peel...should last one more winter...corked the top:
Fall Bakers Rack Birdhouse 11.10

2nd shelf is recycled wood box holding old crock & pine branches & cones & a bit of Curly Willow that I gathered today:

Fall Bakers Rack Wood Basket Star 11.10

Enamelware that I use for GJ in my gardens ...had a mini garden in pan last yr & the coffeepot sits by my garden shed...the rusty iron is a planter plate from old farm equip...one in pan & one under coffeepot:

Fall Bakers Rack Enamelware 11.10

Watering can on bottom shelf...& an old teakettle got for 75 cts this yr...bargain $$$...love it for watering!
Gardening is slowly down quickly...so hope you enjoyed this beautiful day, too! TFlookin'. Jeanne S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bakers Rack decorated for Thanksgiving/Fall w/Garden Junk

You done a great job. It looks abso wonderful...

o

I was looking all over for an owl! Ha! it's painted on the pottery jug! Love the star & gourds & are those the feed bags for the mice & squirrels, do they grab them & run off & open them or bite through them? Love the enamel pan arrangement, that's my favorite!! Jan

o

Ooooo - "these are a few of my favorite things" Love, love, love, TFS!
Arlene

o

I always love your displays Jeanne! Love your enamelware and the rusty pieces. All of the pumpkins, etc. and evergreens just look like Thanksgiving season! Thanks for sharing with us!

o

It is beautiful, as it always is. You do such a wonderful job on decorating your bakers rack. Thank you for sharing and inspiring.

Smicker

o

Thank you, GJers...hate to see gardening season end (hope some of our Australian friends will post their summer so we can dream!) ...how time flies...but Fall is such a pretty time of the yr ...so enjoying these couple days of Indian Summer! Plan on a couple more projects outside, weather permitting...will share pics. Jeanne S
Good to see you here, smicker! Happy Thanksgiving!

o

Very pretty, Jeanne! But you are lucky you have all those pine boughs you can use. I love the enamelware and old watering can. You sure have a good eye for putting these displays together!

o

I love it Jeanne..
I just hope that you didn't get too much snow cover on it over the weekend that you can't see it..
I do miss my gardens as we travel now..
But I have been working on somethings..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here