Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cotton Pickin' Flower

Posted by tinfoilhat AZ 10 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 20, 11 at 20:22

Flower made with piece from rood cotton picking machine used to get low hanging cotton on 2nd picking.
Cotton Picking Flower

Flower made from fan shroud and metal box strapping.
Fan Shroud Flower

Harvey Javelina, the reason I make and plant non-edible flowers.
Javelina
I swear he must know the Javelina hunting season ended a couple weeks ago.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cotton Pickin' Flower

Well sure he does, he isn't dodging gunshot anymore! LOL! That yellow 1 really stands out, will jazz up the winter months when not much is blooming! Neat use for that fan front, never would have thought of it. TFS Jan

o

Did you paint the fan front? Or did you just happen to have an orange fan?

o

Those are fantastic! Love the bright colors.
Kathy

o

You have made some neat things. I have a fan front..now I know what to do with it. Thank you so much for sharing.

Marylee

o

Love the flowers ! Harvey is cute, too. Haven't seen any yet, though I'm told they are around here.

o

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!! Let's see old Javelina try to eat those! Great work...you rule!

o

I love the flowers! Very creative. I have never seen a Javelina before... kind of looks like my potbellied pig!

o

Now I don't think that Javelina is cute at all!! Maybe you should feed him some good IA corn! LOL!

Your flowers are bloomin' colorful! Nice recycling! You do know you may be sending a message to Jave ... "yellow ...proceed w/caution." TFS! Jeanne S.

Here's a Barnwood Bloom made w/some kind of fan(?), blade(?)...good ol' junk:

Barnwood Bloom Butterfly Flower 7.10

o

How funny ! I just picked up the same brass butterfly at a GW in Austin TX ! It's hanging on my fence.

o

Love your flowers tinfoilhat. Great use of the fan guard. I imagine the javelinas are like our whitetail deer and turkeys. They hide during hunting season or head into the city. If I were a javelina, I'd hang out in your yard too. It's so cool. lol

o

Love your Cotton Picking Flower! Don't need much care to keep it beautiful.
Just right for Arizona's hot summers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here