Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FINALLY Back!!

Posted by dollydee 7-MS (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 17, 11 at 20:50

Hi all...hope everyone has had a good summer!

I'm finally back online after being without internet for several months! Who'd have thought you couldn't get internet service in this day & time????

It's been a rough few months for us, we got everything moved and were in the process of getting somewhat settled when my best friend of 25 years had a heart attack @49. She was without oxygen for 6 minutes so it left her brain dead, her family opted to let her go, she passed away 2 weeks after being admitted. We lost my father-in-law a couple of weeks ago, he had been in & out of hospital several times lately.

I've got some major catching up to do, gotta scan old posts and see what kind of cool creations everyone has been doing over the summer!

Glad to be back, I've missed my "other" family!

Dee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FINALLY Back!!

Welcome back. So sorry about your friend.
What a shock that must have been.
Kathy

o

Dollydee, welcome back! I am glad you got moved in ...please share your place with us sometime. Am sorry for the losses in your life ...so rough. Enjoy your time back & browsing. Jeanne S.

o

Dollydee glad to hear from yo! What a sad & busy summer you had. Hope you are getting settled in & doing OK. So hard to lose your best friend, almost like family, sometimes closer as you tell each other everything & get through life's problems together. Are you in a rural area that you had trouble getting Internet? In the city they can't hound you enough!! Jan

o

Welcome back! We have certainly missed you this past summer! Glad that you got moved in, but so sorry that you've had so much sadness to handle as well. Can't wait to see what you've been up to.

o

Yep, we are in a rural area about 30 miles south of Memphis. Sad thing is, we are in DeSoto county, which is one of the fastest growing counties in the nation, but AT&T is hit & miss out here. A mile up the road you can get it but they haven't installed fiberoptic cable here yet...been very frustrating to say the least! But I love being back out here where I grew up. 5 acre plot, lots of peace & quiet!

With everything going on, I haven't had much time to do garden junkin..picked up a few things at yard sales. Been into couponing, building a stockpile..LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here