Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lucy la Fem de Bug

Posted by tinfoilhat AZ (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 23, 10 at 22:24

I was going to make a turtle out of this 6" cast iron frying pan but the microwave said we needed a ladybug to eat the aphids.
Yard Art

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lucy la Fem de Bug

What a great 'little' Ladybug. I think she turned out awesome, and that's a perfect place for her to look for those nasty aphids.

Keep on with the fun creations, I sure enjoy seeing them.
Karen

o

How cute! And it is great to see things that are alive. Here winter is coming and everything looks bleak. I'd love to see a close up of her to see how you made her.

o

Very cute & she sure won't blow away!! Great use for old cast iron!! Like her new home too! Jan

o

Way cool - dude!

o

Lucy is very cute!

o

Very nice!
Kathy

o

Awww, that's cute! Lord knows we have an over abundance of cast iron skillets around here! I wonder if DH will miss just one???? ;-)

o

I LOVE Lucy!!! Haha! She turned out so cute! Great job..that microwave of yours is one smart appliance! What kind of paint did you use to stick to the cast iron?

o

ADOOOOORABLE

o

You are too smart for your own britches, as my mam-maw used to say. I love your lady bug. I'm with Marlene, what kind of paint is that.
Frou

o

cute ladybug..

nice landscape..wanna see what's it's like in my yard right now?

o

Orange is a Rust-Oleum spray enamel and black is Rust-Oleum brush on enamel.
I also use "1 Shot" sign painter paint on some of the metal critters. It seems to hold up a little better in AZ's blazing sun and they have some real wild colors.
It flows out nicely and hides brush strokes even at 105F.
Comes in cans as small as 1/4 pint and will adhere to glass for those of you painting glass.
http://www.1shot.com/home.html
And no I don't own stock or get a kickback from them.

o
Snow!

Wow! strawberry that looks cold out in your yard, even the little trucks have ducked under the shrub.!! Nice pic! Big contrast between the 2 locations about 1500 miles apart! All my spring bulbs are about ready to bloom, if frost doesn't get them before they do wonder if there will be anything in spring. Guess if they die back, I will wait until frost is no longer a danger & fertilize. I was thinking strawberry has it easy until spring- I guess only if no snow to shovel!! We are getting the daily leaves falling so have to clean up couple of times a week. Hope ya'll have a wonderful time tomorrow with friends & family!! Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here