Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindasewandsew

Another Birdhouse Finished

lindasewandsew
15 years ago

Here is DGS's new birdhouse. It's made of wood, covered with steel from and old metal shed. I cheated with the diamond plate. It's aluminum, but black spray paint made it look a little more like steel. Steel (aka Dopey) will no doubt outgrow it soon. DS will find a way to make it fit in nicely with the other kid's houses. There's a link to my other birdhouses below the photos. Linda

{{gwi:199244}}

{{gwi:199245}}

{{gwi:199246}}

Here is a link that might be useful: My other birdhouses.

Comments (17)

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

I didn't realize how big the birdhouses are :D That's really neat! And he looks so cute in his costume!

• katishooked
    15 years ago

I like your bird houses esp the way you used license plates. The landing pad puts to good use the little wheel.
    The little man and his blue eyes is very handsome. A cutie.

Kathy

• cait1
    15 years ago

You are soooo creative!! I love them! And DGS is ADORABLE!!!

• imjustsam
    15 years ago

I love them all. I envy you guys that have found a great style and ran with it. I am such a hodge podge of stuff. The typical Jack of all, master of none. You birdhouses a great memory for the grands too. Keep up that beautiful work.

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Very impressive birdhouses. Little dgs is just too cute!
    kathy

• akup_a
    15 years ago

Terrific birdhouses and what a smile on that beautiful boy! Do you keep the BH at your place or send them home with each kid?
    Vickie

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Oh your grandson is just precious! Smoochies!!! I cannot resist my GS's fat cheeks. They get several kisses & hugs from me every day. Linda, I think he favors you a LOT, do your other relatives agree?

The birdhouses are great! I love them. We have saved all our license tags for almost 37 years now. That might be a good way to use some of them.

I have an idea for car tags too, but should probably start a new thread. I'm gonna search to see if there's an existing thread on the subject and bump it up if there is. Loved the pics Linda ~tenderlee

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

What a beautiful way to honor your family members! These should make your family & the birds happy for many years. The GS is just a little doll, I think he approves of grandma's work. So colorful in the garden even in winter. Love your shelf with them on very rustic!! Thanks! Jan

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Amazing artistic ability. Multi-talented lady!!!!

Susie

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Just WAY COOL, lindasewandsew...love it! Great gifts for your grandchildren! Jeanne S.

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

You have the greatest junk!

• Dottie B.
    15 years ago

ThosE houses are awesome! Very creative!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Well that house and young Mister Steel just jumped clear off the "Cuteness Meter".
    Girl, you ROCK when it comes to these birdhouses. Most folks build birdhouses, you build memories with them.

hugs, Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Your license plate birdhouses were always a favorite of mine. What cool memories you have made from simple "junk!" But with a little cutie like that for inspiration, I can certainly see how ya do it! Wonderful birdhouses and what an awesome little grandson!

• lindasewandsew
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you for all the nice comments. The birdhouses go with the kids. This is DS's back yard, and he'll find a way to make them all look nice together. This is one too many to fit across his board. I don't junk these houses too much so we can add things of interest as they grow. Linda

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Fabulous!!!!!!

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Really cute birdhouse,Linda. Steel just looks precious in his Halloween costume too. Love the way your son has them all displayed as a group, they are each unique yet go together so well. Luvs

Sponsored
GardenWise
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Award Winning Metro D.C. Landscape Architecture & Design Build Firm