Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

The Treecycle in Sydney, Australia

luna_llena_feliz
13 years ago

I saw this tree and had to post the link to the site with pictures of it. It is a Christmas tree made of scrap bicycles. It looks awesome lit up but is just as impressive when its not. Something to think about for all you folks with huge yards. lol! I'd have to make one with Barbie-size bicycles for my yard. But even a tree made with old bicycle wheels might be cool too. Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tree-cycle: A Christmas Tree

Comments (5)

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I found this at Susan Polgar's blog spot and thought it was interesting too. She had a picture of the treecycle too. This is an igloo made from refrigerators.

{{gwi:199261}}

Here is a picture of the treecycle:
    {{gwi:199262}}

• liljunkr
    13 years ago

There are feet in shoes and pants up to about the knees in front (to the right side) of the igloo with no person. There is a man with 3 legs standing by the doors of the igloo and you can see through most of him. WTH?

Ghosts of Christmas or a really bad photographer? LOL

LIL

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm sure the photographer had the camera on a tripod with a long exposure (leaving the shutter open to allow as much light in as possible) for this night shot. Anyone moving during the photo taking process would end up blurry like the guy by the door to the igloo. The mysterious shoes probably belonged to, not the invisible man, but someone moving through the shot. I noticed the blurry guy by the door but totally missed the invisible man's shoes. lol!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

I'm always amazed at what different people see in objects..I would never have thought to make a Christmas tree out of bicycles....but it is pretty awesome!

• smickerdoodle
    13 years ago

They are both awsome! I really love the tree made from bicycle parts. I love to see what people can come up with if they use their imagination. Luna you are exactly right...it is called time lapse photography. The photographer was probably trying to get the effect that he got. We had to do that for a photography class I took in college. It is a lot of fun to see what you get.