Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I sold 14 plate flowers in December

Posted by concretenprimroses 4B NH (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 11, 11 at 6:48

I helped organize a craft and art show in a friend's home, and it was yesterday. About 60 people came, and i sold 14 plate flowers, 11 mushroom ornaments, and a handful of brooches. I'd made the ornaments and brooches because I thought I should have something Christmas like in case the pf's didn't sell.
I made $311.

My big beautiful $25 plate flower sold! I'm so pleased.

So it was fun, it was a success, I'm exhausted and my house is a mess.

I made so many plate flowers after my fave junk store closed. I've got to come up with a system to hang them outside for the winter waiting for the next sale.

Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I sold 14 plate flowers in December

Great job!!! I'm glad it was such a success for you :)

o

Good work crete-sooo happy all went well :)Blessings,Kim:)

o

WOW --- you did awesome !!!! I know how exhausting it can be ...... but it's the best exhaustion there is !! LOL

********** Congratulations !! **************

o

Awesome. I am thrilled for you. messy house....What messy house............. :)

o

Congratulations on an awesome sale. Seeing all your plate flowers has really inspired me.

o

Outstanding!!
Is nice to know there are people out there that really appreciate our type of crafts!!

o

WOOP! WOOP!! Good for you!! So glad you had a good turnout of people and sold so many goodies!

o

Patting you on the back, crete! You've worked hard & organized this new sale! Good for you! It's always a great feeling to see your GJ (garden 'art') go to someone's gardens! DH & I were driving thru a neighborhood this afternoon (while waiting for a pizza) & here we saw one of our 'barnwood butterfly houses' mounted on a big post out front w/a couple white painted deer for Christmas decor! What a smile it brought! Surprise!!! So, keep up the good work, crete! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I'm so happy for you! Great success story. I was in a craft show on 12/3. It was a slow day for almost everybody, but I think I was the only one who sold NOTHING! NADA! I lost $35 on my space. I had signed up for another one on the 10th, but backed out. It was $40 per space and I didn't think I could afford to not make my fee again. My DH pointed out that when I lose money on a show I'm just cutting down on my etsy profit.

o

Glad it all came together & you did well! Hope the others were happy too so they will want to do it again. Now you can get your place in shape for Christmas!! Time is sure flying these days! Jan

o

GOOD JOB !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here