Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mary's Back Yard Garden Video

Posted by mary2010 FL 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 27, 10 at 10:44

Was posting this to my Garden Whimsies website and thought I'd share it with my GJ friends. I'm a local celebrity (haha) only to family members who watched the show.

A local TV station started a new weekly gardening segment this past summer and my garden was the first chosen. Hope you enjoy viewing.

My website for those interested: www.gardenwhimsiesbymary.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Mary's Back Yard Garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mary's Back Yard Garden Video

Way to Represent us!!!! All us Garden Junkers applaud you I'm sure! AND it's always nice to see a face behind the posts here! Lovely yard! (Loved the blue bottles and the Mary statue!)

o

Wow-oh-Wow!! How exciting!! Terrific segment! And I just love the potting table from the playset! You are surely becoming a local celebrity! Congrats!!

o

I liked all the plates & your "garden bed" Great potting shed. Thanks for showing us! Jan

o

Thanks friends. The potting shed almost didn't happen. It was our children's play set (including sliding board and swings). When the kids had outgrown it and before I was actively gardening I considered taking it down. I'm so glad I didn't as it makes a great potting shed. The potting table top is actually part of the original sliding board. Now it's one of my favorite features in the garden. So glad it was "repurposed".

o

Love the plate border.....think I've seen that done somewhere before...great reminder for an upcoming spring project. Your backyard looks very inviting and relaxing.

o

Great backyard, you are really making me yearn for Spring. I love the play center turned potting shed, it's wonderful. That plate border idea is tucked away on my to do list too.
Frou

o

Really liked the news piece....it was great to see you and a great representation of us junkers and gardeners! LOVE your potting shed and the plate border is really cute too! Thanks for sharing the link with us.

o

I would love to walk through your backyard. It looks like the perfect spot to stop and enjoy nature for awhile. You have so many interesting touches. The plate border is really outstanding. Gives me an idea for my collections of plates that I have in my storeroom waiting for me to repurpose them. Thanks for being such an awesome representative of all us garden junkers. Your garden is an outstanding example.

o

Wow! A celebrity, Mary! LOL! TFsharing your video...was fun to see & hear you & to walk a bit in your gardens! Awesome save on the playground equipmt! Jeanne S.

o

Mary,

You are such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing and good luck in the New Year. Loved the news segment.

Great Website, I will continue checking in and seeing your newest creations.

Have A Great New Year!
GreenSuzq

o

how exciting! very cool, nice to meet you!

o

Such a great piece!!
Love all of it!!

o

Thanks SOOO much friends. But I have to tell you that you all were MY inspiration for starting a business making totems. Everyone was so encouraging and generous with their knowledge. I wasn't even sure I had a creative talent until I started making totems. And I especially didn't know if others would like my work. I can't thank you enough for your support. I'm so excited about 2011 and the wonderful possibilities that exist. For anyone who hasn't visited my website and Facebook page, I'll provide links to those sites. Please "fan" me on Facebook so we can stay in touch. My best to everyone!

www.gardenwhimsiesbymary.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Mary's Facebook page

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here