Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I made an outdoor wreath with leftover stuff....

Posted by kat__wa z8WA (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 19, 12 at 12:37

I finally got it hung up above the garage this past weekend.

hanging up done!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I made an outdoor wreath with leftover stuff....

What's the 'left-over' stuff? Looks pretty cool up there! Good work! Jeanne S.

o

Asking the same. What is left over? Looks really pretty and it must be very large.

o

The plywood round was 48 inches I think. I cut the middle out of it to jerry-rig a new base for a marble top coffee table that was my mom and dad's from 1950. the metal was purchased 5 years ago for a project that didn't work. The outdoor paint was from painting the culdesac's mailbox stand. I DID have to purchase the insulation for the bow. I could not find a red or green product that looked right. I sprayed window screen, but it just wasn't bold enough. And I did try a mylar emergency blanket, the silver was amazing, but not enough texture! I really wanted a copper bow, but that would have been a little expensive! lol and probably get stolen! lol

o

I love it! Looks wonderful on your garage.
Kathy

o

Wow...that looks really cool! I'm assuming that you cut the metal (looks like flashing maybe) to give it the scallops? How did you attach the silver "leaves" to the plywood?

I really like it!

o

Yes, flashing. I was going to use roofing nails, but I didn't want to do it in the garage. So I used heavy staples. two per leaf. I needed to give a little tap with a hammer to get the staples totally seated. I used my tin snips.

o

Thanks, kat ... it's wonderful...I thought it looked like roof flashing but had no idea on the bow! Cool! Jeanne S.

o

Looks very festive & will give you many years of enjoyment for all your hard work. Great for large area! Jan

o

Beautiful project. A clever use of left-overs. TYFS Jlily

o

It looks GREAT! A copper bow would have been nice.
I have looked for copper flashing for awhile, but
can't find any. Aren't left-overs wonderful, when
they allcome together?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here