Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More garden junk

Posted by oldlady59 4 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 18, 13 at 13:33

As I have mentioned before my husband salvage junk Mainly metal junk for recycling (To sell at Salvage yards) He always comes home with something I want to keep for my projects. The material on this greenhouse is a heavy nylon of some sort. and I think it came from some factory that filters water. They were over large rectangle fiberglass panels about 3 foot by six foot. by 1/4 inch thick like a pillow case would be over a pillow. I took them off cut them open then sewed them to fit the pipe frame. ( The rectangle panels I use for quick fences for my chickens)
The opening is a long velcro strip on the green house end. I'll try and get the other pic on later. All it takes for making something useful from junk is just thinking out of the box.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More garden junk

Looks like it makes a nice greenhouse!! Good save!! You can get an early start on growing things next spring! Jan

o

Great looking gh!

o

Good for you, that looks great!

It's come apart now but for a few years I had a little GH off the side of the house built of junk glass doors and visqueen. I really miss it. Could put my more tender plants and succulents in it for the winter and start veg seeds early in the spring. Such a warm cozy place to be on cold sunny winter days surrounded by green plants and flowers and fun to spend time in there when it's raining too. Hope you have fun with yours.

My son sells scrap metal too. He finds some great junk and bless his heart he knows what mom likes. (as long as it doesn't weigh to much, I can usually keep it, lol)

o

Looks great! What a great use of the materials you saved.

o

Your tailoring work is pretty great too! A very professional looking job!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here