Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinfoilhat

Garden Table

tinfoilhat
11 years ago

I saw a table like this by a gal in Oregon and it led to the Dancing Crane I made. My DW saw the Dancing Crane body on the welding table and decided she wanted a table made like that for her reading spot.
21" tall and 21" in diameter with built in cup/can/bottle holder. Made from the junk on my welding table.
{{gwi:199982}}

Who do I talk to about my check for product placement?

This post was edited by tinfoilhat on Sun, Dec 9, 12 at 11:03

Comments (20)

• laurastheme
    11 years ago

COOL! I want one of those.

• oldcrafty
    11 years ago

That's terrific!!!

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

How COOL is that?! What an awesome idea! Love it...lucky wife you have! That is one huge amount of welding too...way cool. And the chainlink around the edge is perfect as are the chain table legs!

You are the man!

• Shades_of_idaho
    11 years ago

WOW this is Wonderful Such a great eye you have to make it look so nice. LOVE it.

• tasymo
    11 years ago

Simply WONDERFUL!

• tinfoilhat
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh jeez! I meant led not lead. I do have an excuse tho. I chewed a lot of lead based paint as a kid. AND... I wear a tinfoil hat.

• nonacook
    11 years ago

Oh-Oh-Oh!!!! If only I could weld!
    I love it.

• concretenprimroses
    11 years ago

Fantabulous!

I wish I could be trusted with a torch.

Kathy

• Desrtdove
    11 years ago

Way cool table!! I love it!! Too much fun! Thanks for sharing =)

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

Great idea & great way to clear some of that stuff off your workbench!! Love the built-in drink holder! Very clever! Jan

• sorie6 zone 6b
    11 years ago

WOW you are ssssooo talented. tfs

• cnm1
    11 years ago

Amazing - welding 101 here I come!!

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Wow! Perfection!!! What an art! Tinfoil...you are very creative & all the 'smarts' it took to build this in mind & body is astounding! I am so glad you wear that tinfoil hat w/pride!...& that your wife appreciates your art! TFS! Jeanne S.

• rock_oak_deer
    11 years ago

That is terrific, she had a great idea. I'd love one like that. The work you do is so wonderful.

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

WONDERFUL!!!

• dgreenhouse
    11 years ago

Very cool!!

• garyfla_gw
    11 years ago

Hi
    Curious as to how you'll control the rust?? gary

• tinfoilhat
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here in AZ my biggest problem is getting the rust started. I usually throw my things in a stock tank after welding to get rust started on welds and grinder marks. If IâÂÂm in a hurry because somethingâÂÂs a gift I spray it down with acid diluted with water a few times then soak it. I donâÂÂt put a rust inhibitor on most of my welded things.
    I did put a coating on the table to keep my wife from giving me the eye every time she brushed her cloths against it. I used Flood Penetrol and just brushed it on. You can get it at Home Depot and most paint stores.
    It doesnâÂÂt give it a wet glossy look like a few things I tried. The table is now darker than the above picture and looks like the color the table would be if it was just rained on.
    The few things I have tried this on lasted a few years with out needing any additional touch up. I have no idea how long it would last in a humid wet climate like Florida.

• garyfla_gw
    10 years ago

Hi
    I'd say around 4 hours maybe 6 in a dry year?? lol
    gary

• nonacook
    10 years ago

I live in NW Florida, and I use any clear coat.
    Like rustoleum-
    I have to do it about every 2 years.