Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Whiskey Barrel Bands Sphere is Done!

jeannespines
12 years ago

Yay, I woke up this morn & looked out the bedroom window & this way laying in the grass in the backyard:

{{gwi:200060}}

DH had drilled & bolted my old Whiskey barrel bands tog! I had recycled 1 barrel myself (3 bands) & 2 friends had each donated to me earlier this summer. So this Sphere has 9 bands!!!

Here's a pic where I moved it in front of the tall grasses:

{{gwi:200061}}

But I knew it's real home was going to be out in the Secret Garden by my log swing. So I moved it out there on this very windy warm day! (no snow, can you believe it! Strange!) Here's a closer view of it by the old barn door I have along a path which is right next to my log swing:

{{gwi:200062}}

And here's a further away view...now the gr'kids can roll it around in the pines! (or wherever) ... I love it & thank the person who 1st posted it on GJ Forum...I had saved it from a few yrs ago in my 'Future Projects File!' Aaahaaa...one more future project done! Jeanne S.

{{gwi:200063}}

DH told me right away that it's not really round & cause the sizes of bands are all different...I think he did a great job & I could roll it! Happy Days!

Comments (13)

• kim546
    12 years ago

Gotta love it! The other rustic items and this sphere make a nice scene. Always great to finish a project, good job all around (no pun intended) Blessings in the New Year, Kim :)

• pixie_lou
    12 years ago

And to think that I got rid of the 4 whiskey barrels that the previous owner left in the yard. Had I only known. . .

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Love this Jeanne! Looks great in your garden!

• nonacook
    12 years ago

9 bands--that is great!
    The one I made several years ago only had 4.
    I need to re-paint mine....each band was a differnt color.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I don't know who's pic this is ...but this was my inspiration that I had saved in 'future projects' album:

{{gwi:200065}}

And here's another closer view of the 'sphere' as I was trying it out in diff places...in my tall grasses in backyard. ;-)

{{gwi:200061}}

Thanks for your comments! Jeanne S.

• kirkus
    12 years ago

Oh, Jeanne, I absolutely love your new yard art! WAY TO GO! I recognize your inspiration photo as the one Cindee created as I have it saved too on my computer. She is so inspirational...and so are you and your hubby! Thanks for posting your new creation!!! LOVE IT! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Here is a link that might be useful: Cindee's Garden

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Jeanne you sphere is beautiful! Dh did an awesome job. I seeing it in your garden. Kirk thank you for the link to Cindee's garden.
    Kathy

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Kirk...it was Cindee's 'sphere' ... I see she just made another one out of 'strapping' ...cool! And also she was the inspiration for my 'tipsy buckets' a couple yrs ago(except I put my Dad's old watering can on top)...thanks for posting her link, too! I was her Secret Santa a few yrs back...she has such cool gardens! Jeanne S.

Aug 2011 (oh, I miss summer already!) No snow here yet tho as you could see in 'sphere' pics.
    {{gwi:183711}}

• Sandplum1
    12 years ago

Hope you gave hubby a big ol' hug for that one! Pretty sweet!

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Jeanne, love your sphere and your yard.
    Kirk, thank you for the link to Cindee. She does beautiful work..she is so creative.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Marylee

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

Love your sphere. Rustic is soooooo for me!

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! Thanks for posting, I now have to add this to my project list since I just got some more and keep forgetting about them(cuz I have to "stash" them out of hubby's sight!) I am hoping I have enough to make another one for myself and one for my BFF. Here is where I put my last one...but now I wish I had added more bands...Plus I had added rebar to attach it to the 4x4 post it sits on.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:199719}}

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

calamity...I like how you used that 'sphere' & your tall bottle tree! Looks great! (keep collectin'!) ;-) Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction