Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
becky_ia

New Glass Flower Stakes

becky_ia
14 years ago

Just got finished making 10 new crystal plate flower stakes for a Holiday Open House this Saturday. Hoping people think they'll make nice Christmas gifts. I changed the way I put them together by adding cabinet door pulls for the centers.

becky

{{gwi:200140}}

Comments (13)

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

GREAT JOB!!! Becky
    Every body is getting so good at these flowers.
    What did you use for the leaves??
    They look really good I hope you sell a bunch. :0)

Hugs Carmen

• mrsdutchy
    14 years ago

WOW, these are gorgeous!!! You people are sooooooo clever!! I'm going to make my first totem this week but I'm going to have to try making one of these too. I have heaps of china and stuff that I've picked up for my mosaics but then thought they aren't really suitable so they're just in my craft room. Now thanks to you guys, I know what I'm going to do with some of them!
    Good luck with your sales, I hope you do really well!!
    Cheers
    Tracey

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Very pretty & unique...like the looks of the door pulls & also your choice of glassware!...lots of different shapes & colors. Great work & good luck at your holiday sale! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Great looking plate flowers!! Hope you sell them all! I really like the cabinet knobs for centers too!

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

I like your leaves & the edges of the plates look just like flowers, green 1 has a real antique look to it. You should do well Sat. Good Luck!! Jan

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Good luck. They are beautiful! Using the knobs is a great idea.
    kathy

• becky_ia
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone for such nice comments. I have made a lot of these the last two years and sold every one. I think they will do well again.

The leaves are made from green coated clothes line wire found at Ace Hardware.

Just finishing up & ready to grout three new stained glass light blocks which I also hope to have ready by Saturday. I am in luck...we are right in the middle of a huge blizzard; will probably not be able to get out for work in the morning so I can stay home and finish up these items. The weatherman said this morning, this is the biggest storm in 30 years! Talking about snow amounts of up to 12-16 inches and 50 mile per hr winds. Yippee!

becky

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

They all look beautiful. I'm sure they'll sell like hotcakes. Good luck on the sale and keep that snow over in Iowa! he-he Thankfully we only got about 2" from that storm. North of us got about a foot.

• ladylavender
    14 years ago

Love these, what part of Iowa are you from? I live in northcentral and love to create new things for my garden and a children's garden I run.

• bloominggal
    14 years ago

Do you drill a hole in your glassware and your copper tubing to attach the plates? I have tried a similar looking project but couldn't get my glassware to stay on. They are beautiful!

• karibou99_aol_com
    12 years ago

Hi! I really love these neat flowers. I have collected alot of older plates, glass and china ones. Do you have directions for making these? I would love to make some with my garden club.

Thanks so much...Sincerely yours..Karin

• lilycrazy
    12 years ago

Well BUMMER !!! I was going to ask when and where the sale was and then I noticed the DATE of your original post ! I would sure love to find some of these gorgeous flowers. I especially love your choice of materials Becky- very very gorgeous and I imagine very sparkly in the sunshine

• GrammaLynda
    12 years ago

Does anyone have a cute poem to go with the plates. I too have been making them and selling or giving them. I also do the cup and saucer bird feeders and found a cute poem to attach to them.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio