Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Home made Potting Shed (Closet)

Posted by susiewantsroses (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 14, 08 at 15:03

Hubs and I put our junk shutter and french doors to use by making a tiny gardening supply closet on the back porch. I found leaf cabinet door handles. Hubs made the awning frames from scrap wood. I covered the awnings with exterior cloth and faux leather. The window boxes are wire planters. I merchandised the top with garden themed chatchkes. The interior ceiling has one of those shelving frames from Lowes with hooks in it. I hang tools, pots, and dried herbs (a gift from my neighbor) there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Home made Potting Shed (Closet)

This is fabulous!! I love every bit of it!

o

Beautiful!!! I have a swan just like yours and I love it! I bought it at a grage sale for $2.00.

Ed-

o

That is cute as can be...You all done such a great job...

o

Came out great!! Love all your swans. The leaf handles are great for shed!!! It shouldn't blow away in the Texas wind up there on the porch!! Nice work!! Jan

o

cute, cute, cute! Love the colors you chose. Your house colors are about the same as mine. I really like the doors on the front, but my fav is the sign above the door, it really adds to it. A big ole pat on the back to you and hubs, how lucky you are to have an enabler, errr...helper!!!LOL!
blessings-sherri

o

Susie, that's a great potting shed. Your house is very nice. I love those lights too. Linda

o

• Posted by ess1 z3 MN (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 15, 08 at 8:25

what are the lights? do they plug into each other? I want them , where did you get them? it's all very neat & sweet , love it!

o

WOW...that's awesome!! I absolutely love it!!

You and your hubs are doing some really nice work!!

~Sandy~

o

Beautiful!
kathy

o

Ok, so I'm thinking if my DH and I are VERY quiet, we could sneak up on your porch one night and get your potting shed into our truck....we'd have to be VERY quiet though....Love your "shed" Susie! And all of it's contents too! VERY NICE!

o

ess1,

The lights came from some 'clearance' shelf last year. Never pay full price for lawn or patio lights. Target is a great place to find them at the end of the season. The bronze pineapple string lights on my front porch were about $2.00 a box. I prefer 75% off.

The party lights on this back porch pic had big plastic ball globes on them and I removed them.

Thank ya'll for your kind encouragements. We got the french doors that make up each side wall from FREECYCLE. People are replacing them quite frequently as they are moderizing.

Susie

o

Very cool - I love to see such recycling!
Arlene

o

Susie, it is as gorgeous as it is functional! Love everything about it. I got a swan similar to yours from Goodwill for a few bucks. I like your string of lights too!

o

oh, I have some I could use like that also...but no Hubs to help right now....well, I use them in the house, so I have an excuse, lol. Fantastic work.

o

What a fantastic potting shed...
bowing Smileys
hugs, Karen

o

That is so very very cute. Great job.

o

....those are very interesting patio lights. I have never seen any like that before...they have a retro feel to them...

o

• Posted by 9bark 3bto5a BC (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 17, 11 at 21:06

Very epic! Superb craftmanship!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here