Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden junk

Posted by oldlady59 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 12, 13 at 15:39

Thought I'd show my garden junk that I revamped to something useful. Mostly in the summer time I haul vegetables harvest from the garden to the house in my cart. The one side and bottom are refrigerator shelves just wired on. The sides are from a panel that came off of a air conditioner. There is so many other items that I've made useful from junk people has thrown away. right now I don't know how to post more than one pic. So later gater, maybe a different posting.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden junk

Well now oldlady59, that looks like one handy little cart!
I pick up those refrigerator shelves anytime I see them at the dump. They can be used for so many things, and they're strong. I like them as shelves for plants because they let the water drain through. I totally agree about so many useful things being thrown away.
Had to laugh when I saw your wood, that's what I'm doing up on the pc so early this a.m., putting another log on the fire. tfs, Donna

o

What a great idea! Looks like it holds quite a bit of wood too! Great job~

o

Sure beats caring in arm loads of wood & dropping pieces & getting bruises on legs & feet. Looks like it holds a lot so really useful as 1 cartful looks like a pretty big load of wood. TFS Jan

o

I love the way you give cast off items a new life! I want a cart like that!

o

Just thought of a good one. With my plants there can be lots of pots that I got to move at one time so I'm thinking what can I use for a huge tray with sides and that when I set it down in a tub of water all potted plants can get watered at one time. WaLa. a tray taken from a old dishwasher. When bolt cutters are used to take out all upright inside pegs it works great. Also it helps to take a hand held grinder and grind off sharp edges.

o

Hey, that's a nice cart you made there. Hats off for the idea. I will never be able to come up with something like this. Every time I see my rented dumpster from Junk It Dumpster Rental on the brink of being full, I just take out some items from it and keep it in my garage thinking I'll recycle it to something else. But till now nothing worthy have come out of it. This is an inspiration.

o

I want to thank all of you for your complements. All it takes is thinking of what you need and what it will take to make it happen. Thinking outside of the box.

o

Great idea!!

o

What a great idea. Makes getting the wood into the house much easier and I imagine it works great for moving things around in the garden.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here