Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you decorate your potting bench?

Posted by rafor (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 4, 11 at 16:06

I DO!!!! Used what I had and some leftover white pine garland.

Started with this:

Photobucket

The wire basket is from an old light fixture we removed from the basement. I have several of them and couldn't decide what to do with them. So at the moment they are for Christmas decorations!

Photobucket

Here's an overall view of my efforts:

Photobucket

The little red and green "boxes" are luminaries. I'll light them tonight and get another pic of them.

I really don't think Martha has anything to worry about :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you decorate your potting bench?

I think its fabulous!

I don't have a potting bench unless you count the truck cap which we never use and is beside the garage. I'd like to get rid of that and get a real potting area. I have an old rake head saved!

When you take a pic again, please take the whole potting bench.

Kathy

o

Very cool, rafor! Love the pines & nice recycling of the wire lights! Like that sled standing there or whatever the wood thingy is ...TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Great recycling! Like the greens & Christmas items in the light fixture, the sled thing is so cute! Did you make it? I remember 1 of Martha's 1st shows. She was putting some small potted plants in a large pot. She said to take some of these "pink ones" & then some "yellow ones next" & "purple larger ones" to fill in rest of pot. (These are not same words she used, point was she didn't seem to know the names of any of the flowers- I thought she was a goner in a few weeks but she probably got e-mails & letters & learned & did a great job after that in knowing her subject matter! So if she can get up to speed rest of us can also & you've done a great job on your bench!! Probably safe to say most decorated potting bench around!! You may have started a contest here!! ^.^ Jan

o

Well, I must say your potting bench looks quite festive! Love the light "cages" as hanging baskets! Your little sled and your wreaths are really pretty too!

o

Love the potting bench decoration!!!

o

Have to laugh: almost everyone here and on the home dec forum mentions the little wooden sled with the tree painted on it. It's really not my thing, I just stuck it there to fill in the space. It was something an ex girlfriend of my little brother's left him with along with the other Christmas decs she insisted he needed!! When I was helping him clear out his house last year, I ended up with it along with an artificial tree, lights and some tree decorations. Funny how things work out since it's been sitting around since then and every time I see it I think I should get rid of that thing :)

o

Couldn't help but comment on that wooden sled...you know my name is 'jeannes pines', right? LOL! It's just 'rustic' looking ...like old wood & someone painted on a pine tree...& looks like it fits right in there on your potting table! ;-) Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here