Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mary2010_gw

Someone Mention Totems???

mary2010
13 years ago

Hope everyone is ready for Christmas . . . think I'm finally ready. Been busy filling holiday gift orders, but thought I'd share a few of my recent creations. It's still sunny and warm here in FL, so I can do this year round. Best wishes to everyone for a joyous and peaceful Christmas. God Bless!

{{gwi:200380}}
{{gwi:200382}}
{{gwi:200384}}
{{gwi:200386}}
{{gwi:200388}}

Comments (21)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Ah, Mary, these are very beautiful & will make wonderful gifts! I'm partial to the bluebird! Happy that you can keep "totem-ing" thru the Winter! Merry Christmas to you, too! Jeanne S.

• mary2010
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Jeanne. I love the blue bird too!! It's a gift for one of my girlfriends. I hope she likes her Christmas present. Merry Christmas!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Lots of nice eye candy there. I really like the windmill 1 it would look so nice in my garden!! Glad you can continue making them in winter. It feels like winter here, I had wet feet for couple of hours this afternoon, don't remember it ever raining that hard before but I had mom's car & was trying to finish up for Christmas. Lot of flooding, but not real close to me. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! Jan

• mjwest
    13 years ago

Be-a-utiful!

Love those brite colored pieces!!!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Another round of great pieces Mary! I especially like the one with the windmill...you find the coolest things for your totems...love all of the colors and shapes.

Merry Christmas to you as well!

• sorie6 zone 6b
    13 years ago

Those are all lovely!! I really like the windmill. tfs.
    Merry Christmas

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I can't decide which I like better! You always find the greatest pieces and know how to put them together. Hmmmm...I'm really liking the windmill! Oh but I love teapots! Wait, I like birdies too! *sigh* Great job on all of them! Have a wonderful Christmas in the land of sunshine!

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

You go!! I was sort in the "crafty" mood, but forced myself into Christmas mode out of necessity. LOL! I love these & the bluebird & windmill ones are my favorites, but I'm partial to blue anyway.

• mary2010
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone. The windmill totem stake was a winner. This was a piece that I consigned at a local garden shop and it sold the day I consigned it!! The blue bird was a gift for a friend and she's in love with it. Trying to come up with new ideas for 2011. Any suggestions friends??

• missmshell
    13 years ago

Nice work! What do you use to package them for shipping or transporting?

• sb2007suzq
    13 years ago

Mary, Love all of them, you really have the touch for totems. I can't wait for spring already. I see many totems and plate flowers in my yard and others coming together soon. Enjoy the New Year.

Green Suzq

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

I love your totems. I especially favor the little blue bird! He is just so cute. I can see one like that sitting in my garden!!!! Gives me an idea what to look for so I can be a copycat for spring. Hope you don't mind. All of your totems are really nice, I especially love the colors you choose, they coordinate very well together. Hope your New Year is a very full and happy one for you. Keep junking! Thank you for sharing photos of your creations. They are inspirations for us.

• lwoods1
    13 years ago

Love your totems, they are sooo unique. I especially like the red, black and white pieces. The windmill is awesome too. Best wishes for the new year. Look forward to seeing more pics.

• mary2010
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks friends. azcactusflower I don't mind at all if you find one you like to copy. Enjoy!!! missmshell, the only ones I ship (so far) are the garden stakes. The regular totems (like the black, white & red) would cost too much to ship due to weight. The stake ones ship nicely in a box with peanuts and lots of bubble wrap. The large ones have been sold locally. Can't wait to see everyone's 2011 plans come to life. Happy 2011!!!

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Mary2010, I love your totems. They are so neat. You have found a new use for all those bud vases that seem to multiply when you are not looking. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

• crazyone
    13 years ago

question.. with the ones with narrow vase bases, how do you stake them without them toppling and breaking such works of art?

• nonacook
    13 years ago

crazyone, she uses re-bar, or anything (conduit,or pvc) that will fit into the neck of the vase. Drive it into the ground, and set the totem on it.

• mary2010
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks noncook for responding to crazyone. Keep in mind that each vase opening will be a different size. Sometimes I just take the piece to Home Depot to get the correct fit. I'm using copper poles right now. Precut they're only about $4 a piece. They'll even cut them for you if you want a larger pole. Good luck!

• puggranny
    13 years ago

Love the totems- thanks for telling me how to put them on a post I have only made a few and I used a plate and to put them on and drilled holes so they could be staked down- love the pole better so will hubby (he drills the hole in the glass plates which can be tough sometimes!!)

• crazyone
    13 years ago

so one single stick of rebar or copper will hold this heavier totem.. wow. im amazed

• mary2010
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The top picture (black, white & red) totem is NOT a stake totem. That one is a freestanding one that sits on the ground. The others with the bud vases sit on the poles and one pole holds them just fine.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction