Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Someone Mention Totems???

Posted by mary2010 9 FL (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 22, 10 at 16:37

Hope everyone is ready for Christmas . . . think I'm finally ready. Been busy filling holiday gift orders, but thought I'd share a few of my recent creations. It's still sunny and warm here in FL, so I can do this year round. Best wishes to everyone for a joyous and peaceful Christmas. God Bless!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Someone Mention Totems???

Ah, Mary, these are very beautiful & will make wonderful gifts! I'm partial to the bluebird! Happy that you can keep "totem-ing" thru the Winter! Merry Christmas to you, too! Jeanne S.

o

Thanks Jeanne. I love the blue bird too!! It's a gift for one of my girlfriends. I hope she likes her Christmas present. Merry Christmas!

o

Lots of nice eye candy there. I really like the windmill 1 it would look so nice in my garden!! Glad you can continue making them in winter. It feels like winter here, I had wet feet for couple of hours this afternoon, don't remember it ever raining that hard before but I had mom's car & was trying to finish up for Christmas. Lot of flooding, but not real close to me. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! Jan

o

Be-a-utiful!

Love those brite colored pieces!!!

o

Another round of great pieces Mary! I especially like the one with the windmill...you find the coolest things for your totems...love all of the colors and shapes.

Merry Christmas to you as well!

o

Those are all lovely!! I really like the windmill. tfs.
Merry Christmas

o

I can't decide which I like better! You always find the greatest pieces and know how to put them together. Hmmmm...I'm really liking the windmill! Oh but I love teapots! Wait, I like birdies too! *sigh* Great job on all of them! Have a wonderful Christmas in the land of sunshine!

o

You go!! I was sort in the "crafty" mood, but forced myself into Christmas mode out of necessity. LOL! I love these & the bluebird & windmill ones are my favorites, but I'm partial to blue anyway.

o

Thanks everyone. The windmill totem stake was a winner. This was a piece that I consigned at a local garden shop and it sold the day I consigned it!! The blue bird was a gift for a friend and she's in love with it. Trying to come up with new ideas for 2011. Any suggestions friends??

o

Nice work! What do you use to package them for shipping or transporting?

o

Mary, Love all of them, you really have the touch for totems. I can't wait for spring already. I see many totems and plate flowers in my yard and others coming together soon. Enjoy the New Year.

Green Suzq

o

I love your totems. I especially favor the little blue bird! He is just so cute. I can see one like that sitting in my garden!!!! Gives me an idea what to look for so I can be a copycat for spring. Hope you don't mind. All of your totems are really nice, I especially love the colors you choose, they coordinate very well together. Hope your New Year is a very full and happy one for you. Keep junking! Thank you for sharing photos of your creations. They are inspirations for us.

o

Love your totems, they are sooo unique. I especially like the red, black and white pieces. The windmill is awesome too. Best wishes for the new year. Look forward to seeing more pics.

o

Thanks friends. azcactusflower I don't mind at all if you find one you like to copy. Enjoy!!! missmshell, the only ones I ship (so far) are the garden stakes. The regular totems (like the black, white & red) would cost too much to ship due to weight. The stake ones ship nicely in a box with peanuts and lots of bubble wrap. The large ones have been sold locally. Can't wait to see everyone's 2011 plans come to life. Happy 2011!!!

o

Mary2010, I love your totems. They are so neat. You have found a new use for all those bud vases that seem to multiply when you are not looking. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

o

question.. with the ones with narrow vase bases, how do you stake them without them toppling and breaking such works of art?

o

crazyone, she uses re-bar, or anything (conduit,or pvc) that will fit into the neck of the vase. Drive it into the ground, and set the totem on it.

o

Thanks noncook for responding to crazyone. Keep in mind that each vase opening will be a different size. Sometimes I just take the piece to Home Depot to get the correct fit. I'm using copper poles right now. Precut they're only about $4 a piece. They'll even cut them for you if you want a larger pole. Good luck!

o

Love the totems- thanks for telling me how to put them on a post I have only made a few and I used a plate and to put them on and drilled holes so they could be staked down- love the pole better so will hubby (he drills the hole in the glass plates which can be tough sometimes!!)

o

so one single stick of rebar or copper will hold this heavier totem.. wow. im amazed

o

The top picture (black, white & red) totem is NOT a stake totem. That one is a freestanding one that sits on the ground. The others with the bud vases sit on the poles and one pole holds them just fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here