Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Craft show report

concretenprimroses
12 years ago

I went to a "community craft show" with a friend yesterday in a neighboring town. Food, jewelry, nice but non descript pottery, 2 tables of the types of crafts I associate with church craft bazaaars, wood stools and games, more food. And a project room for kids to make and take something home.

It was very pleasant and nice and community oriented. I did buy several things including a very clever Christmas garland that will go great with my vintage ornaments. One of the ones crocheted around cheap beads. It was nicer and more elaborate than most I've seen. I'm too lazy to take a pic, so I posted a link to one on Etsy that is similar. Mine has red beads that look like wood, $5 5ft. Linda got one with copper beads 10 ft $10. They probably took a long time, but I know from experience it is the kind of crochet you can do without even thinking once you get going. It wasn't fine art, but its nice. Now don't someone tell me they are made in China, lol.

I bought a pair of earrings from the woman who is a friend of an old co worker I saw there for the first time in 15 years or more. The jewelry maker had been laid off and out of work for 2 years but she just got a job. They are nice, but it was definitely a sympathy buy as i don't know who I will give them to. $10

And toast tongs from the wood worker. $1.50

I'm not doing well on gifts. I'm counting on the show I'm setting up at on Saturday to also buy lots of stuff!

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: garland similar to the one I bought

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Koura Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Virginia's Top Choice for Reliable General Contractors