Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craft show report

Posted by concretenprimroses 4B NH (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 4, 11 at 17:55

I went to a "community craft show" with a friend yesterday in a neighboring town. Food, jewelry, nice but non descript pottery, 2 tables of the types of crafts I associate with church craft bazaaars, wood stools and games, more food. And a project room for kids to make and take something home.

It was very pleasant and nice and community oriented. I did buy several things including a very clever Christmas garland that will go great with my vintage ornaments. One of the ones crocheted around cheap beads. It was nicer and more elaborate than most I've seen. I'm too lazy to take a pic, so I posted a link to one on Etsy that is similar. Mine has red beads that look like wood, $5 5ft. Linda got one with copper beads 10 ft $10. They probably took a long time, but I know from experience it is the kind of crochet you can do without even thinking once you get going. It wasn't fine art, but its nice. Now don't someone tell me they are made in China, lol.
I bought a pair of earrings from the woman who is a friend of an old co worker I saw there for the first time in 15 years or more. The jewelry maker had been laid off and out of work for 2 years but she just got a job. They are nice, but it was definitely a sympathy buy as i don't know who I will give them to. $10
And toast tongs from the wood worker. $1.50

I'm not doing well on gifts. I'm counting on the show I'm setting up at on Saturday to also buy lots of stuff!

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: garland similar to the one I bought

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craft show report

I'd say you got a bargain on the beaded garland...& how sweet that will look w/vintage ornies! Glad you enjoyed & good luck Sat.! Jeanne S.

o

I think you did great & that took quite awhile! I think she strung beads on the yarn & then added as she went along like you do on the beaded socks. Nice that few boutiques still have a community feel to them. I went to 1 church 1 & no food & nobody working said a word to me except person checking me out & she seemed distracted. Hope your sale goes well Sat.! Jan

o

Really like the garland, very vintage looking!!

o

Cool garland!

o

Kathy: where is your show on Saturday, just in case I'm out and about and looking for who knows what!!!!!

o

Hi, It is in Lebanon NH, where I live, in a private home. If you email me I'll send you the invitation which has a map and a list of artists. I'd love to see you, but since its relatively small (only 8 artists), you might want to have another reason to come all the way up here!
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here