Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small Awning and Bird House

Posted by lindasewandsew So Cal 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 12, 11 at 17:55

I built this awning out of shelf brackets and part of a badly written highway sign. It stops the water from the roof edge from pounding the soil out of the pots below.

The brackets were attached to a board.

The awning was attached above the pots.

Finally, the sign was attached to the rest.

I found the birdhouse for $5 at Home Goods.

It's painted terracotta.

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small Awning and Bird House

Very cool, especially like use of vertical space :) Kim

o

Nice solution to keep your pots from losing dirt & making a mess! Jan

o

Good solution & great recycling! Lot that birdhouse! Nice find! & like the terracotta look! Good to hear from you...wow, you've been busy! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

i would love to know where you got your terra cotta pots.
they are so great looking.

o

I love how the birdhouse guy looks like he's laughing at the sign! And your "totem" of face pots is quite amazing too.
Kathy

o
Small Awning and Bird House

Thanks for the nice comments. I get pots at yard sales, thrift stores, wherever thay show up. 99 Cents Only stores always have good size terra cotta pots. My favorite pottery place is in Gardena, CA, and has amazing prices in their clearance section on funny shaped pots. Those face pots were $2.50 each, because their feet are missing. The link is below. It's about 45 minutes from my house, but sure worth the drive every once in awhile.

Birdhouse guy is sort of a mocking fellow. He's probably mocking the bad grammar on the sign, lol.

Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Pottery Place

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here