Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
copperhead snakes

Posted by mommyandme2 TX 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 18, 11 at 18:40

Hi ! We have a new camera & I'm going to try to post some of our finished projects. This one is a pair of snakes made from cable TV connectors, beads & copper wire. In this neighborhood, when anyone moves out or switches from cable to satellite, the cable man just cuts off the connector and a length of wire & tosses it on the ground or in the street. I've brought home dozens off them.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: copperhead snakes

Fabulous! What an eye you have.
Kathy

o

Wow! They look great & safe!! Don't think I would want to run into 1 of these in real life but these are very nice. Where did you get the head beads? JAN

o

All beads came from Hbby Lbby. Conveniently, this shape is only available in "copper" color. - Laura

o

Very Nice. Great find of materials.

o

What a great use for something that is usually trashed! And they're so much more attractive than the real thing!

o

So where do you put the snakes? I'm having trouble envisioning the scale of them from the picture.

o

The finished snakes are about 18 inches long. The cable connections are about 1 1/2 inches long. The head is about an inch long. The beads are larger than I personally would wear, but they seem to work well with the connectors. I don't have a real garden. I have an enclosed patio, jammed full with various pots. A few of the pots have live plants, but not many plants do well in pots in this scorching hot climate, so most of my pots have garden junk growing in them. These snakes will be relaxing in a couple of pots - maybe with the aluminum flowers - or maybe with the steam basket flowers. They will probably move around. - Laura

o

Well, they should be right at home in your GJ patio garden! Nice recycling! TFS! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here