Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I had to share for those in freezing areas!

Posted by jeaninwa 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 8, 13 at 20:40

I made colored water balloons and set them outside overnight. Well, this one didn't freeze all the way and was hollow inside, so I took the top off a little solar light and put inside.

It is sooooo pretty! This picture really doesn't do it justice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I had to share for those in freezing areas!

Wow! Nice!! I'm is Ca. & I have never seen it this cold. A couple of people had gloves on in church this morning. I'm taking along a dark colored small throw to use on my legs if we have any more of this weather. So I guess the ice doesn't bother the light. You could make a red & white or red & green lighted path to your house. TFS Jan

o

Very cool!

o

Neat. I posted a link how to do them on my garden board but I forgot about them. Supposed to get cold here again this weekend might have to try it!! Thanks for the reminder. Yours is sure pretty.
Please tell us how you did it.

o

I put a few drops of food coloring in a balloon, filled it with water, then set it in a bowl outside. I thought it was frozen through, and brought it in to take the balloon off, and found the inside was hollow. Perfect place to put a light. It lasted a few days until the weather warmed up

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here