Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Restoring my Balance

Posted by tinfoilhat AZ10 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 5, 11 at 21:53

I looked at my bank statement the other day and it confirmed I am suffering from a shortage of ying.
But I have a plan to restore the balance.
I made this yard art piece and come the night of the winter solstice I am going to light a bonfire, hug a tree, and dance naked around it waving an owl feather.
Between now and then I'm going brush up on various pagan, Native American, Druid, European, Roman, and Asian beliefs so as not to offend any of the old gods and increase my chances of success. If your life is out balance you're welcome to join me .... Or you can build one of these out of PVC pipe, copper wire or barbed wire (if you lack a welder) and dance in the privacy of your own backyard. Give it some thought.
Balance

Balance & Counter Balance

Made from a slice of 20" and 10" pipe, a couple washer and a piece of metal rod. A real "keep it simple stupid" piece of yard art.

PS; if your not going to attend but know some magic words to chant, objects to burn or rituals please pass them on to me. I need all the help I can get.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Restoring my Balance

LOVE IT! (here's my chant taken from a children's author:

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" Shel Silverstein

o

I love it!

I think it will be too cold here to dance naked in the back yard on the 21st.

I'd still like one of those sculptures!

Have fun,
Kathy

o

Stunning!

And Kathy, just think warm thoughts!!!!

o

Interesting, very interesting!! Simple often is better as in this case! No thoughts to chant, I'm in a bah- humbug ?? mood, no Christmas music, no greetings from clerks, finally found a bathroom scales! Was it light the fire & dance with the tree?? ^.^ Jan

o

Well tinfoil...my ying must always be missing since my bank statement always scares me! Love the new sculpture....I like the simplicity of it...very calming. As for dancing naked around it...well, that might cause more harm than good if I attend, so I'll leave you to it. I'll be thinking about you dancing on the 21st though...enjoy!

o

Having seen that javalina you've got wandering around, do you think you might want to don some running shoes to dance in? Looks kinda 'onery to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here