Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Birdhouse for the Neighbors

Posted by lindasewandsew So Cal 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 14, 11 at 23:20

A neighbor kept putting this old table on the curb and dragging it back up by her door. She didn't seem to want to get rid of it. I asked her for it one day when it was back on the curb, thinking it might make a good birdhouse. She gave it to me and it sat in my yard for about 2 years, looking more sad (or gathering more character) all the time. Finally got around to the birdhouse a few months ago.

Here's the old table.

Put their names on it, of course.

Flat Halloween kitty....

Staring around the corner.

It has a plywood roof with a little wood trim, topped with a metal piece cut from an old above ground pool.

The roof is hinged, so it can be cleaned or used for storage.

An old stove grate keeps it from sitting in water.

Jorge and Clara have several pets, a dog, 3 or 4 cats, and a turtle that showed up in their yard years ago.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Birdhouse for the Neighbors

What an outstanding birdhouse!!
Love all of the details!!

o

amazing!
I love it all, especially the halloween kitty and their names.
Seeing what you do I can only wonder how anyone can ever throw anything away!
Our garage has parts of a similar table, maybe next spring...
TFS
Kathy

o

I can't believe the unique items folks can come up with. This tops the charts!! The cat peeking around the corner is just the right touch. Thanks for posting pics

o

TOTALLY AWESOME . **Repeat this 50 times ** and this is how cool I think it is !

o

That is absolute,total CUTENESS!!! I also love the cat peeking around the corner.I love birdhouses and this one is sooooo unique. TFS

o

OMGosh! How cute is that??? Love the kitty peeking around the corner...you are just too clever Linda! What a great job and what a wonderful gift for your neighbors! I'm sure they will love it too!

o

So nice of you to make it so it can be birdhouse or storage! Critters make it so whimsical, love it! The stove grate is perfect for keeping it from rotting out on bottom. Another 1 of a kind gift!! Bet they will love it!! Jan

o

Great recycling, linda! Cool table ...but even cooler birdhouse! always love seeing how you use license plates! & looks like you've added your neighbor's personalities to this old wood birdhouse! Love it! The stove grate...a great (grate) idea! I used one of those on a Barnwood Bloom & loved it! TFS! Jeanne S.

BBStained Glass Candleholder 8.11

o

I meant to mention the stove grate too. Awesome idea. Jeanne I lov eyour barnyard bloom too! What is the flower made of? It looks like shell.
Kathy

o

crete...flower is a garage sale find...mosaic candleholder. Old barnwood...stem is recycled from patio umbrella...leaves cut from some shelf brackets.

sewandsew...I've still got a small stash of license plates & am going to try my hand at cutting sometime! Jeanne S.

o

Wonderful!!!!

o

Awesome! Loved how you personalized it to fit them! Where do you come up with the old license plates?

o
Birdhouse for the Neighbors

Thank you again. Merry Christmas!

Jeanne, I love the flower and birdhouse. I haven't found stove grates that pretty.

Sandplum, Email me and I'll send you my license plate guy's email. He's a great guy and his prices are very good. It's nice knowing that I never have to hunt for plates again. Linda

o

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have loved to have seen their reactions!

o

What a wonderful arrangement of recyclables! And imagination.
How do you get old license plates? The really give it a cute look.

o

Thank you Kat and Ernie, Email me and I'll send you my plate guy's email address. He's the best.

Here's another house I made a couple years ago. Linda

o

Spectacular, sewandsew! You have such an imagination! Love this fishing one! Such vivid colors! Love it! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Oh I love this one too! Fabulous!
And so creative, and funny.
Kathy

o

These are fantastic...I never come across license plates, but wish I did!
Blessings,Kim :)

o

WOW that is certainly the cats meow...love it. How do they like it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here