Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
And so my neighbor said,

Posted by r_murray 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 13, 10 at 23:24

I need to get something for that empty corner of my garden over by the silver lace vine. Well it is Christmas and I am kinda a giving guy soooooooooooooo

Yep, I made him a sculpture. I saw a similar one on the net and said to myself, "I can make that."

Here is a link that might be useful: Backyard roper

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: And so my neighbor said,

Very kewl!

o

YEE -- HAW !!! It's purdy !!!!!!

o

Robert...............please come be my neighbor!!!! I love the cowpoke as I love all your creations.

o

Robert, what a marv artist you are. Visited your Sculpture and Gift pages - amazing variety and so much fun. The amethyst and slate piece is beautiful. Will you tell us how you afixed the amethyst. I have some small, jade like emeralds that I've been going crazy trying to come up with an idea for - something I'd wear.

So glad you shared. And the roper is delightful.

Rosie, Sugar Hill, GA

o

Robert won't you please be my neighbor? I adore your work.

o

Where's the rodeo!! Did you give it already? Bet he will love it! Jan

o

One of my favorites of your creations. I like things western even though this is not the cowboy part of Texas.

o

Rosiew. I used a counter-sink bit in my drill to make a tapered hole for the stone and then glued it in place with a glass glue.
The slate I have came from Lowe's and was imported from India - it is much softer than slate found in New England.
It polishes up really nice and a few coats of Urethane locks the finish.

I made one for a grand-niece (the opal) and the other was snatched by my wife. Ha, ha.
Have a happy Christmas all.
Robert

o

Yet another wonderful piece! I bet your neighbor loves you.
Kathy

o

Robert, it might be time to scale back that giving kinda guy thing before you end up in court ordered therapy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Woman Awakes to Sculpture in Yard

o

Another great creation Robert! You already know that I'd love it if we were neighbors!

o

Very cool, Robert! tinfoilhat, I love that story. I love the stories of people taking gnomes and other garden ornaments on wild adventures around the world and sending photos back home to the owner to prove it. Within weeks, the garden ornament is back in its original spot. Some fun people out there!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here