Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowers12_gw

Picture of My Garden Jewelry

flowers12
12 years ago

I hope this doesn't bore anyone but I wanted to share with everyone the wonderful booth I got last weekend at a Christmas Fair. I was able to display my plate flowers right in a flower bed. It was a great hit with everyone and I sold all but 4 of my things. Being able to show different ways to use a totem or flower seems to interest people. I had a few on a trellis stand, in a flower pot, on the table with a plate holder and in the dirt. The weather warmed up around 11 to an unbelievable 70 and the sunshine was dazzling on the glass.

Image link:

Comments (12)

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Looks like you had a great spot also! Glad you did well! We haven't had very nice weather lately & misty or rainy, mostly just enough to mess up my car & keep people from having yard sales. You can put the other 4 things in your garden & enjoy all your hard work! Jan

• chevy57red
    12 years ago

Great spot to be able to set up in. Glad that your flowers were a hit!!

• mommyandme2
    12 years ago

Wonderful booth ! The sun really makes the plate flowers sparkle !

• toomuchglass
    12 years ago

How perfect was that ?? It's looks like a beautiful display in the picture.

Pictures of GJ will NEVER bore us !! Keep on posting
    them :)

• flowers12
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I was very surprised how many people told me they had never seen these totems or glass flowers before. I really thought there were a lot of people making them. Another item people asked about were bird feeders. Have any of you made bird feeders from glass? I made one using a blue wine bottle as the base so it went on a pole. We have acquired a lot of the blue bottles and I'm trying to think of how to use them.

• toomuchglass
    12 years ago

Bottle trees ! Blue ones are especially beautiful .

Here is a link that might be useful: blue bottle tree

• flowers12
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow!! The Bottle Man is fantastic. His bottle trees are unbelievable. If only there was some other metal to use that didn't have to be welded. I don't think my hubby or I would want to buy that equipment at this stage in our lifes. I would love to find a way to make a bottle tree, I'm sure I'll come up with an idea. Thank you toomuchglass for the link.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

flowers...type 'bottle tree' or 'blue bottles' in 'search box' ...there are some ideas for trees where you don't have to weld .... here's how I used a few on a fence by my garden shed & potting table:

{{gwi:182358}}

And you can click on the link to the Bottle Trees n Marble Trees in the Inspiration Album below.

Great place for your sale ... dirt ready! (love that for your plate flowers)...looks like a nice set-up & a beautiful day! Congrats! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Junk Inspiration Album Blue Bottles

• Sandplum1
    12 years ago

Your flowers and totems are darling!

@toomuchglass: I am now inspired to cut down one of the evil cedar trees in my back two acres! I have a cut off oak tree stump I've been using for what few blue bottles I have, but it keeps growing!

• flowers12
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jeannespines, thank you so much for the link for bottle trees. They are awesome. I'm going to give it some real thought and effort so I can use up all my blue bottles. I'm slowly working at clearing out all the dead flowers from the summer garden. A bottle tree for the winter months will really brighten up the garden along with my pf and totems.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Your booth looks fabulous! What a great place to display.
    Kathy

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Thanks for posting your lovely display, and kudos on a job well done(selling everything!)

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone