Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pre-emergent

Posted by indy_hawkeye 8b (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 16, 13 at 9:52

I live in South Georgia. It has been a very mild winter so far. I have Bermuda grass that went dormant, with the warm weather it�s starting to turn green again. Seems to early to apply a pre-emergent but the warm weather has got me thinking that crab grass and other summer weeds might soon start germinating.

1) Any timing advise to apply pre-emergent in South Georgia? I read somewhere about mid March but thinking this is too late and I am leaning toward mid February.

2) When I apply the pre-emergent, what kind of window as far as days go will it be effective.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pre-emergent

If your bermuda is greening, you may have missed the best time for preem. I just "announced" that it is time in South Texas. We just got an inch of rain followed by several days in the low 70s. Now it is back into the 40s but the seeds may have already sprouted. Apply after you get a rain and after the soil temp is above 50 degrees. Sounds like you're there.

It should work for a month or so. You could easily need it again before spring is over.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here