Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nitlsu

Lesco lawn care schedule

nitlsu
15 years ago

I just got rid of TruGreen (who by the way I would never recommend to anybody, utterly incompetent and a rip-off) and now plan to do the year round lawn care myself.

I have Bermuda which is dormant right now. This year I was hoping to use Lesco products but given the large variety of products they have - I am confused as to what to apply and when? For example I know I need pre-emergent now but not sure which one from Lesco.

Does anyone have a chart/table of what fertilizer/pre-emergents they use for year round lawn care? Didn't find anything on Lesco's website.

Thanks!

Comments (9)

• jimtnc
    15 years ago

Where are you located? That's a big part of the application calendar.

• nitlsu
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dallas, TX

• garycinchicago
    15 years ago

Use the search feature for this forum and enter bermuda bible by texas-weed

• texas_weed
    15 years ago

Well you are not going to find a chart or table on Lesco. It is for professionals, so they assume you know what you are doing, and what you want. With that said Lesco could use a website makeover to make it little more user friendly.

OK my advice is go to the Lesco dealer and buy everything need for one season, and here is my list and application schedule

Lesco 069118 or 080384. Dimension pre-emergence 0-0-7 Buy enough for two applications, so that depends on the size of your yard, and which one of the products you choose. If the weather holds it is time to put down an application now, but me thinks it is too early and we will have another cold snap. Apply second application 8 weeks later, but make sure it is in between fertilizer application. Learn what Forsythias are, and watch them once you see them in full bloom and start turning green is the perfect time to apply your first application. That has not happened yet in my area of Texas just north of DFW area.

Lesco 081964, 15-5-10 25% PPSCU 2% FE Buy enough for one application only. All the numbers means is 15-5-10 ratio fertilizer, 25% slow release Poly Plus Sulfur Coated Urea, with 2% iron. Apply it when you see the Bermuda about 50 to 75 % greened up. Just make sure you use it at least 2 weeks or more after you apply the first Dimension application listed above.

Lesco 000777 39-0-0 100% PPSCU. Buy enough for 4 or 5 applications. Apply 4 weeks after you apply the 20-15-10 product and repeat every 30 to 45 days with the last application 1 month before your first frost. Make sure it has been at least 2 weeks after your second application of Dimension.

• ronalawn82
    15 years ago

nitslu, it has been some years since I worked at a "LESCO" store; in those days there was a calendar, aimed at the professional; but we would work with any customer in his particular situation. My colleague and I made many trips outside of store hours to do an evaluation of a homeowner's lawn. You can probably get a good calendar going if you time your enquiries for when the shop is not busy and if you commit to purchasing from the store. Also, do not believe that "LESCO" branded fertilizer at "Home Depot" or other is the same as that sold at "LESCO" itself.
    I really do not know how much has changed since "John Deere" bought them out.

• lou_spicewood_tx
    15 years ago

What happened with TruGreen? What did they do? I see a lot of them in my neighborhood. What I've observed is that they are very sloppy! I'm afraid one day that when they use weedkiller on very windy day that get blown onto my yard causing damage everywhere. They don't care about quality. Just making as much profit as possible.

• denverdude
    15 years ago

I don't understand why you would apply a preemergent only and then two weeks later apply just a fertilizer when you can buy a good fertilizer, such as a 19-0-6 that has a preemergent on it as well. 2 birds with one stone. I agree that a high amount of slow release nitrogen during the year is a great idea for bermuda due to its aggressive growth. If you use a product with quickly available nitrogen, you will be mowing much more frequently. The 39-0-0 is a great option. Many of the Lesco guys have 5, 6, or 7 step programs that they hand out as a guide that you can follow for the year as well.

• jimtnc
    15 years ago

I guess if you wanted to use Lesco solely, go to this site, change the zip and go from there. See below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lesco

• User
    9 years ago

>>"I don't understand why you would apply a preemergent only and then two weeks later apply just a fertilizer when you can buy a good fertilizer, such as a 19-0-6 that has a preemergent on it as well. 2 birds with one stone."For readers who find this old thread, the answer to this question is found in the BermudaBible⢠here: pre-m with fertilizer " . . . products are not recommended because the fertilizer contained in these products will only stimulate what weeds exist, and the Bermuda cannot use it at this time."

Here is a link that might be useful: BermudaBibleâ¢