Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
planoresident1008

Advise requested in bringing back my dead lawn

planoresident1008
11 years ago

Hello,

I am a newbie when it comes to landscaping. I am plano, tx. My front lawn is dead (Please see pics below) mainly due to tight water restriction by the city (watering just once/week) last year, hot summer and me not doing enough to manage the adverse situation. The result is all the grass in my lawn is gone and re-sodding is my only option.

As I've mentioned above, I am newbie and I am trying to find out the best way to do it. Due to my workload and other commitments, I do not have much time to do any yard work myself. I get the lawn mowing done by paying someone. I will be hiring professionals to do the re-sodding. Instead of asking the landscaping companies what needs to be done to my lawn, I want to get advise from experts here in this forum and based on that I want to tell the hired company what needs to be done.

Front left side
{{gwi:80820}}

Front right side
{{gwi:80821}}

I understand that on one side it is (was) St. Augustine & the other side Bermuda. I want a low maintenance grass and I don't know which one is the best for my lawn. My front lawn gets a fair amount of sunshine. So, it has to be heat resistant as well. I am sure, come this summer, there will be more tight water restriction from the city. So, the grass has to weather the drought as well. So what grass would be the best for my situation?

Also, I need expert advise on how to get the re-sodding done, watering, fertilizers and how to bring my lawn back to life quickly.

BTW, the grass on one side of my house (where there is shade in the afternoons) has not been affected at well. In fact, it is better than my neighbor's whose front lawn is in very good condition. But, my neighbor's front lawn on the other side is showing signs of distress as well. But nowhere near as bad as mine.

My side lawn that has shade in the afternoons
{{gwi:80822}}

Thanks in advance for your time.

Comments (2)