Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help identifying

Posted by john-88 CA (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 0:58

Hello everyone, me and my dad have been trying to revive/ repair our front and backyard for a few weeks now.

I was just curious what type of grass or weed this is? We have some areas of the lawn covered with this. We are digging out sections at a time to reseed with Tall Fescue. This stuff is very tough and hard to dig out and seems to have extensive roots. I was thinking it may be Bermuda grass? My dad calls it "Devil Grass".

photo 20130325_171838_zps0d09933d.jpg

What type of grass is this?
 photo 20130325_171606_zps5da0a5c4.jpg

And what kind of plant is this? We bought it 2 years ago, hoping it would crowd the other plants an spread, but it is very slow to spread. Anyway to deal with the clovers growing in them?
 photo 20130325_171811_zps27c03e60.jpg

We have lived here 20+ years and have not taken care of the lawn or yard too well except mowing it and watering every now and then. Everyone in the neighborhood has nice yards, ours is an eyesore!

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help identifying

That's common bermuda.

o
RE: Help identifying

So the first two pics are Bermuda grass? I guess me and my dad were right then lol. We sorta argued about it, me saying Bermuda and him saying devil grass (I googled devil grass, guess its a nickname for Bermuda).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here