Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pre M with Tenacity

Posted by rphudes SW Ohio (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 5:05

I did a fall KBG renovation and had some bad luck in the shaded area. This winter I did some dormant seeding between snow storms when the ground was clear of snow. Is it to early to put down pre m to for new grass seed that uses tenacity?

Also.... why is there a limit on the amount of tenacity that can be put down per year? Is that limit for the grass or the environment?

Happy Spring!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pre M with Tenacity

The most effective use of Tenacity is to apply just before germination,soil temp 55, of any summer annuals. One reason for the limit on the amount of Tenacity is to help prevent development of resistance to the herbicide,

o

Thanks for the info Joneboy. However I do have a follow up question.

Does the pre m with siduron contain tenacity or is it a separate chemical altogether?

Thanks

o

The pre emergent herbicide Tupersan which contains the active ingredient siduron. Tenacity contains the active ingredient mesotrione. Tupersan and Tenacity are two separate products containing two different active ingredients.

o

Thanks Joneboy !

One more follow up question. Can siduron be put down on new KBG seed that was dorment seeded in late February?

o

Yes you can use siduron. Two apps three to four weeks apart, then Dimension at the low rate to get you through the rest of the season. Also, you will need to invest in a broad leaf herbicide to control all the weeds that siduron does not control. You may also want to put down some perennial rye grass to compete with weeds and a fine fescue because you said the area is in a shady spot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here